whites 10"d2, 12", 10" excelerator, 10x12sef oh my!

xentryx

Greenie
May 5, 2010
Greenville, PA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
whites 10"d2, 12", 10" excelerator, 10x12sef oh my!

So yeah.. So many choices for a deeper (not so deep that I lose small targets) coil. Out of all these I've read the best things about the 10x12. I'm done doing homework. I would love to hear some opinions from you guys. I live in PA. Highly mineralized ground and would like to keep my purchase around 200 bucks

Re: whites 10"d2, 12", 10" excelerator, 10x12sef oh my!

Our soil in kentucky has a lot native iron mixed in with the clay. I have a D2 coil that came with my V3 and I was able to find a musketball at 13" in a cornfield (and I am still learning the V3 programs). I bought a 4x6DD for MDing in the local parks and tot lots (lots of trash! :tongue3:) and it is dead on. I believe the best answer to your question is to match the coil to the type of hunting you are doing. I have been looking at getting a 6x10DD coil for MDing around old houses with lots of trash (this will allow me to cover more ground but TR out the trash). If 6X10DD coil is as accurate as the other two coils I have, I will be well pleased. On my V3 I have different programs for coin&jewelry, relic hunting, ect..., and I increase or decrease the Recovery Delay setting on the V3 depending on the coil I am using.

Keep Hunting. :thumbsup:
KYBuzzBox

Re: whites 10"d2, 12", 10" excelerator, 10x12sef oh my!

Already got a 6x10 for tots and around houses. Works great. But I need a good field/yard/fresh water beach coil better then my 9.5 (I have the mxt btw)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back