Whites 6000 DI Pro sl or Mxt

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Here is my problem, I just purchased a 6000 Pro DI at a good price, its the newer version, reminds me of a Mxt but with a needle guage, almost same set up, I have a Mxt on the way, I also have alot of time with a MXT from a couple of years ago, I have no experience on the 6000, I'm going to sell one of these machines, I have $150 in the 6000, and $400 in the MXT, it the Mxt that much better of a machine? I typically hunt relics in TN, I have considered selling both machines and upgrading to a T2 Limited and not looking back, but......I would love to hear if anyone has used both machines and give me a good comparison, I really liked my MXT when I had it.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 6000Di Pro and won't sell it. I had a DFX and didn't seem to change my finds count and it was a heck of a lot more technical than the 6000. I sold the DFX. I bought a Vision when they first came out, still have it cause it is a lot more light weight, but can I claim my finds are any better??? Hard to say. Maybe, probably would have found them with the 6000...they weren't detected any differently.
Bells and whistles, light-weight has it's advantages. I do dig less junk with the Vision but am I getting over confident with it's abilities and missing things I might have otherwise dug with my 6000? Just something to think about.
I don't have experience with the MXT but compared to the top of the line detectors to the older, more rugged 6000, there's something to be said for it.

Al

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to say if I had a good Di Pro Sl I would hold on to it. Great relic machine.

If you want to do nugget hunting then that would sway me towards the MXT. Trouble is your comparing a classic of its time with newer technology. Hard choice to make.

Though I have a T2 and love the weight/balance it will feel very flimsy compared to the two Whites.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned a lot of the 5900's and 6000's over the years, but I'm not really sure which one you are describing. If you are saying you have the 6000 Di Pro SL, then it's an easy choice. The MXT has a smaller box and uses 'AA' batteries, whereas the 6000 Di Pro SL uses 'C' cells, has a larger, heavier box that is positioned further forward, and can't use the 10 inch D2 coil.
I'd go with the MXT as the primary, and use the 6000 as a backup/loaner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread