Whites 6000 pro or new M6?

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
I have been using the Whites 6000 DI PRO XL for 12 years. Like most of you I wanted a New detector because the 6000 does not work properly now. I thought about the Whites M6 and the Minlab explorer SE. I thought I would be finding coins at 10 inches or more. People on this forum said 7inches to 8inches in depth is the max. I have been finding coins at 7inches to 9inches with the 6000 for years. I will save my money and fix the 6000 and use it for another 12 years. I may buy a new detector when one can find coins at 10 to 12 inches and last 12 years with out a problem. new is nice but not allways better.

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
If you can get the 6000 di pro sl fixed up to specs..Why Not !! Noticed you list a Spectrum and i also have one and have found pennies at 7 to 9" with the Eagle Spectrum. The M6 provides tone id and some expanded coil options with more sensitivity to smaller and lower conductive targets but no signicant advantage on deep Silver in my opinion. HH Bill

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
Bought a XL pro from a guy this summer he had it stop off at Whites for a check before coming to me they changed a crystal I think 28.3 and put a new battery holder in it works like a charm. Dan

OP
OP
detector dave

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
Well i have the Whites 6000 DI PRO SL boxed up and ready to ship. I hope it does not cost an arm and a leg to fix. The repair shop said it would only take two days to find out what is wrong with it. The dealer will call with a price be for he does the repairs. I think 100 dollars is the most i should pay. I am not sure if the detector is worth putting more that into. If any one replies let me know if you think i should spend more if it is needed. I can not afford a new detector at this time. Thank you for your replies to this posting:)

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
The thing about mine was the guy I bought from had no idea that it needed anything and it was covered by Whites. Can't speak to what it might cost but I'm sure there are those that can sounds like it might be worth the money as it is a good machine. Dan

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is get it fixed!!! They dont make em anymore, and the pro is the big dog that the other dogs run with,lol.
I have a M6 and just recently added the XL Pro. There are times, when that 6 will shine with a small coil, and whats amazing , Im still learning both machines while they produce.
I found a old baseball stadium today,still standing, wooden stadium. I had to choose between the Pro and 6 and opted for the 6 because of trash. And it was full of tabs. Going back tomorrow, but think Im gonna try the Pro with a 6 inch coil,using the SAT mode. What the heck,right,thats learning,lol.
But i really would like to know how your trip to the factory turns out, I have a sick coil.
HH
John
PS,bill(de) turned me onto the the M6 using a small coil, he knew what he was talking about.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a used 6000 XL Pro about a year ago and I love it. It is my main detector when I am hunting playgrounds and use it along with my Sovereign GT when hunting parks.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread