Whites Beach Hunter ID Suggestions

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Re: White's Beach Hunter ID Suggestions

I use a Beach Hunter, it has a learning curve on it due to it's broad vocabulary and no display. The depth while hunting in the water is unreal, I routinely dig targets 12" under the sand under 2' of water. use all metal to pinpoint and in the wet sand (where the coil is not submerged) turn down the sensitivity slightly to tone down the false hits, don't be afraid of losing depth. turn your threshold up till you hear an annoying buzz, while hunting the beach you will on occasion get a "null" where the buzz stops, while running your coil over these targets if you look at the indicator and if it shows gold then dig, I often find small earrings this way. sometimes while switching from all metal to disc, my buzz in the earphones gets quieter or changes from where it was then move the swich to reset and repeat until the buzz returns to normal. when you turn on the machine and do a battery check, turn off the machine and back on before hunting. this machine is also prone to contact falses where you touch the ground or a plant or a wave hits it and it gives a false signal, just dig the repeatable hits. Good Luck and good hunting, I hope this was of some help! :D

OP
OP
C

Clapier

Aug 26, 2005

That is a SUPER helpful post. Thanks.

Two further questions.

Do you search on the beach with a coil cover on the coil?

Know the waste or neck pouch? Use it? What do you use for straps when using it from the neck?

Clapier

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

I don't use a coil cover and never had a problem, the coil on these things are pretty rugged. As far as the pouch, I have the one that came with mine but have never used it in the field. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer. :D Good Hunting! omnicognic 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread