Whites Black Max 950 IDX Pro....advice?

dvbish35

Greenie
Jun 29, 2010
vermont
Detector(s) used
whites idx pro, whites Coinmaster 5 hip mount
I have the opportunity to get a Whites Black Max 950 IDX Pro, Does anyone have any info or input on this machine? I am looking to use it for all around detecting, from coins to relic hunting to playgrounds. Are these still available? If not what is the approximate manufacture dates? Basically I am looking for any info I can get on it. Thanks, Dave

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
It's a very very good detector. I no longer have mine but I can tell you I enjoyed it. It comes with the 9.50 coil and does not share coils with the MXT, M6, DFX etc. How much $ as you will probably need a smaller coil for trashy areas.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the IDX Pro with the 950 coil... and I think it's a great machine! I'll probably never trade or sell mine. I have the 350 & 1500 coils, but I honestly never needed to really use either of them. I think the 950 coil seems to be a great all-around coil... and I learned to listen for the signals in trashy areas and pick up stuff out of the trash.

A guy just posted one for sale today on here! He's asked $270 shipped, or $280 if you use Paypal... it looks to be in new condition and even comes with the carrying case! I'd get it, but I've got other things I need to take care of.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,349215.0/topicseen.html

Bran <><

OP
OP
dvbish35

dvbish35

Greenie
Jun 29, 2010
vermont
Detector(s) used
whites idx pro, whites Coinmaster 5 hip mount
Just picked it up today! I. Need to print out a manual and learn how to use it....it also came with a whites bullseye pinpointed. I can't wait to get out there to test it out. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread