Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: White's Bulleye II

I never had a Whites Bulleyes that did not go bad on me i quit useing them......A lot of users say send it back they will fix it no charge or they will send you a new one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That gets to be a pain in the you know what after a while....................i use the Viba-probe now never had any problems with it......==Jim==

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fooser,
Had mine about 8 months when the switch went out. I did send it back to Whites and they replaced it with a new (another) pin pointer. Took a couple of weeks to get it back and in the mean time I bought a Tekenetics (Bounty Hunter) pin pointer and used it. Was able to purchase it with my Cabelas points for about $40. It works pretty good but not as good much depth as the Bulls Eye. I now carry both and use the cheapy to pin point and then if I cant find it with that I'll pull out the Bulls Eye. Hoping to save wear and tear on the switch. "Hey, ya do what ya got to do, to get by." I would surely send it back and get back to square one at least.

fccdfed

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes i would send it back and get a new one but i was saying i won't buy another one......For if you hunt a lot you need a backup if you own a whites.....................==Jim==

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois

Send it back, they will give you a new one no questions asked. That switch has always been a problem.

Mine did the same thing, but I just changed the switch myself. I used a radio shack switch. I have now had mine for 3 years now with no trouble. Rob

F

Felinepeachy

rcasi44 said:
Send it back, they will give you a new one no questions asked. That switch has always been a problem.

Mine did the same thing, but I just changed the switch myself. I used a radio shack switch. I have now had mine for 3 years now with no trouble. Rob

Can you give us step by step instructions on how to change the switch? Something like "Switch changing for dummies" would be good. :thumbsup:

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE

I had the exact same trouble with 3 bullseyes. I had bought one for me, one for my wife and a back-up that was a 140mm. They all went bad and I sent them back several times before I bought Sunrays for both our detectors. I have not had any troubles with the Sunrays in two seasons. I still have the Bullseyes collecting dust. I cant use them, got tired of sending them in, and cant sell them not working well enough too trust. Grrr. Anyways, Hh dave.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+

I just recently repaired my Whites Bullseye II switch. My modification is similar to to the others but I tried to minimize the changes to the pinpointer.

I used a Radio Shack switch PN 275-1571. I think it was ~$3 for a two pack. (picture #1)
I cut off the switch leads & removed the old switch but left the switch bracket in place.
I cut a slot in the bracket from the top for the new switch (picture #2).
I soldered about 3" of wire to each switch leeds I had cut off.
Soldered them to the new switch.
Put the new switch in place. It is a tight fit. I had to push the adjustment resistor and another resistor over toward the black tube for the probe. Make sure that the two resistors are not touching!
Tighten down the nut to hold the switch in place.

It all fits together very nicely. (see pictures # 3 & 4) From the outside you can't tell that the modification has been done.

Hope it work out as well for you!

Jeff

Attachments

• DSCN0912 50.JPG
    DSCN0912 50.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN0911 50.JPG
    DSCN0911 50.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN0913 50.JPG
    DSCN0913 50.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN0914 50.JPG
    DSCN0914 50.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 251

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac

I have the bullseye II and I think it is a pieace of well you get the picture .I use the vmax now it works good but it is big.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

I have two bulleyes11. I had to send the second one back and they replaced it with a new one. I don't use them much but my husband does and he likes them.

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer

I just bought one last week. I hope i didnt get the bad lot of switches. If so i think just replacing the switch with the radio shack would work. I read someone that someone put a toggle switch which kept it on and you didnt have to keep pushing the button

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread