Whites Bulleye pinpointer = #&*:@(<>!!!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Re: Whites Bulleye pinpointer = #&*:@(<>!!!

Man you are correct!I've had 2 and both went Kaput within a few months.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

I'll have to disagree guys. I've have my bullseye for more than a year & the only thing I've had to do is change the battery. I think its due again as it was a bit weak the other day when I was out (the cold seems to weaken the battery).

T

trish76642

Those little suckers are expensive! My brothers and sisters and i got together and bought my daddy a medal detector for his 74th birthday 2 weeks ago, i wanted to get him a Whites pinpointer but they were $119.00! I had NO IDEA they cost so much! Needless to say i didnt buy one! Glad you posted this gallienus, had thought about getting him one later on, but i dont think i'll spend that much money for something thats not gonna last verylong!

I hope the one i have doesnt break! Imma be sad!

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who did you buy from? Was it one of our sponsors? If it was and they see your post maybe they can do something for you. That doesn't seem right for it to go out that fast. For $119 they should last longer than that.
Just my two cents. I opted out for the $15 Harbor Freight variety.

HH,
Ramapirate

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I had one for 5 moths then sold it as I had another pinpointer lying around, but my previous pinpointer is still going strong. Never had any problems.

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT

The problem with the bullseyes is there is a really weak solder on the connection to the battery .mine did that and all i did was open it up and attach the wire so it wasnt a loose connection .Good luck

treasure trekker

Oct 18, 2008

I've had mine for the better part of 2 years and it hasnt let me down.....yet

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug

Had mine for 2 years, works great. Have been a lot of other posts on here in the past with the same problem.

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

I'm on my third or fourth one in three years :o, but I've only bought ONE. I've gotten a FREE replacement every time mine has gone bad. There are a certain number of pinpointers that have a bad 'switch' ( the button you press to make it work), and, as I understand it, although White's has corrected that problem, there a quite a few pinpointers out there that are 'bad'. That being said, White's has replaced all of mine that have experienced that problem.

So, are they expensive? You betcha.

Are they worth the money? I'd say yes. Although I've had to go without mine when it was getting replaced......I've only spent the money once. And, BTW, I bought mine on ebay, and didn't pay retail for it..........it was NIB, and White's has honored the warranty as if I purchased it from them............can you say "Customer Service?"

Just an opinion.

Roger

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have had mine for about 2 years...Would I buy another one...NO. It still beats sifting through the dirt to find something but it only goes about 1/2 maybe an inch on good days...I have had problems with the battery compartment. I had to cut a small piece of cardboard and stick it between the door and bottom of the battery to keep it tight. So, I would not recommend it...unless someone gave it to you.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had two White's Bulleyes and they both broke. White's is great about replacing them at no charge. Since then I've purchased a Sunray inline pinpointer which I absolutely love. I have the White's as a backup or loaner if I'm hunting with a buddy. If you have the money for a Sunray I would suggest going that route.

NJ

B

BIG61AL

I have a whites bulleye II..first one died...free replacement from whites, That was excellent..Second one i had to some put some foam behind the battery to keep it tight....I too am only getting about 1/2 inch depth ...
what i think the problem may be is that design while good has reached its peak results
as always any made by whites has a great repait option [usually free]
Tak to them or an authorised dealer before doing something drastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions