whites bullseye pointer acting wierd

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my Whites bullseye pointer has been acting wierd lately, cant seem to get the adjustment right on it. sometimes it beeps at everything and the next time on a target it wont beep when it is passed over a target .it acted like this once before and the battery was getting weak so i changed the battery and didnt help. i have noticed it has a hole rubbed in the point of the barell which you hold against the ground while trying to find the target cojld it have gotten some moisture in that area and would that make it act funny. use to u only had to set the adjustment on it once a day . any help woild be appreciated. suprdave

digginintn

Greenie
Sep 21, 2012
Try taking battery out and carefully bending the contacts back out a bit. I have one and have had to do that a few times over the past couple of years. If you shake it and the battery rattles,that is most likely the problem.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I had was also acting weird, so, took a chance and sent it back to Whites, (about 4.00 shipping) they sent me a brand new one, FREE, might be worth a shot. Just be sure to send it back to the factory in Oregon, not to a service center, Whites has Great customer service.

shadowcat1971

May 5, 2012
Northern MN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My button quit working on my bullseye 2, so I brought it to the place I bought it and they sent it into whites and whites sent me a brand new one! The old one was only 4 months old, but I beat it up pretty bad. That's awesome customer service!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread