Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Calm down buddy get to know the detector before hasting out with those "hotter" programs take it easy in the beginning.
Begin with using coin and jewelry and push up AC sensitivity and PreAmp gain. When using the big coil try using
15Khz only to get those smaller targets better.(or 3Khz for coins)

Here is how to set the MD "hot" with AC sens and Preamp:(After ground/air balancing and selecting program)

1. Set Preamp to 3 and AC to 74
Is the detector stable? (Keep it at waist level when doing this)

2. If Yes increase AC with 2 until unstable then lower with 1 until he is stable.

If No decrease with one until he is....If your below 69 (approx) try using Correlate frequency.
Correlate should be stable enough for you to up AC quite a bit.

3. When he is stable go hunting.

Note! When pushing up AC sens and Preamp don't forget to push up DC sens to! (DC is for pinpoint)
You can try this basic way to increase depth.
Look into the book "Digging Deeper With The DFX" by Jeff Foster.

Read the manual, even the white's website has one you can download to read today.[Hint]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Foster's book is good, but I perfer the one by CJC. "DFX: From Beginner to Advanced" by Clive James Clynick. A practical guide to the White’s DFX “E” Series Metal Detector. He covers some points more clearly and offers more tips.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SandMan I see...I have yet to read or order that one.
But I think if you know what every function does you can work out some programs quite well on yourself.
Books are quite good to have on this machine to help a newbie but chose them might be the hard part lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread