Whites DFX VS Minelab Excaliber

pulltab hatr

Jan 7, 2008
delaware,ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
White's DFX VS Minelab Excaliber

I am getting ready to upgrade from a White's Eagle Spectrum to something better and it is between these 2 detectors.Not counting it's ability to go in the water(excaliber)...I am wondering which would be best on land?I would like to have an all around detector to go anywhere.So if you were going to buy one of these which would you choose and why?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's DFX VS Minelab Excaliber

The Excal is primarly for water hunting, it is very good on land, but it is heavy. If you want to hunt land with an Excal, buy the Sovereign GT, it is as good as the Excal on the saltwater beaches, just not waterproof and you can land hunt with it. I have both the Excal and Sov GT, I love the Sov on the beaches, but if I'm going into the surf I use the Excal.

I have a hunting partner who has an Excal and a DFX he uses the Excal for water hunting and the DFX for land...................

Good luck and good hunting............

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say

One is land one is water both do well for the purpose they were built for if I were looking for something for crossover hunting that might be fisher 1280 or cz20 or Tesoro tigershark . Dan

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX

I do believe that the DFX has an edge on the discrimination side of things. That's why I just ordered one yesterday. Whites has some videos on their internet site. I learned a great deal about the capabilities of the DFX there.

Bavarianminister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread