whites dual pro surf tips

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your purchase! The White's Dual Pro is high on my "wish list" but I can't afford one yet. Have fun learning the detector and be sure to post any helpful tips you get. Tt

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we just invested in the whites dual pro surf master and wanted some tips from anyone. I havent been in water yet, playing with it on land. trying learn the tones. anyway tips on hearing iron vs. good stuff.

There is nothing to learn. Pulse Induction is one tone, beep on everything - period. "Double" beeps usually mean a bobbypin but, can be a broken band gold ring or a sliver or gold hoop earring. Stay in the wet sand and water where this machine is designed to excel. :skullflag:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ditto on What Terry said. I use mine for Dry and Wet. On dry during the summer months, most finds are recent drops. Pretty loud tones and I can go pretty fast digging all of those tones.
You'll get used to the tones of buried beer cans and 'capri sun' packages and may want to pass on those. When there aren't a lot of targets, I slow down and listen carefully for whisper tones.
Not a strong beep, but a whisper. I have found a bunch of pierced earrings and small pendants that way. I love the PI. It doesn't miss much. Just dig everything and double check hole after you find something. Could be something else there too. Good luck and have fun

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Listen to how the single tone sounds, if it's a nice crisp sound, it could be a good target, if it sounds fussy it probably iron, but as Terry stated dig it all, you may want to check out the books done by cjc. Clive James clynick as he has master Whites pi machines.

Last edited:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll enjoy digging those really nice sounding aluminum can tops/bottoms. Not the pull tabs, but the actual top/bottom flat part of the can. Or the whole can crushed down. Especially when they hit deep in the wet/tidal area and you're like, RING! And then you're like ARGH CAN! After you spent 5 minutes digging it out of the deep sand in the surf zone.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta get me a saltwater machine before the next beach vacation

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Thank you the info guys. I bought a used DF and reading a lot in forums. I will thanks any tips for freshwater hunting.

OP
OP
C

crazyadventure

Mar 1, 2017
northeast
Detector(s) used
whites dual.pro, and garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for all the info. I cant wait to get in water to try it out. I have been trying it out on land and have been digging....

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just used my Whites on the beach in the Bahamas for the first time, I will say pay attention to what they call "whispers" because every time it was a faint sound I found something deep. If it was close to the surface it was a pretty load tone.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
One question, I have Whites Dual Field, my mate want too. Can we use two dual field on the beach same time, close together?

My experience CTX and Excalibur work close, without EMI. CTX + Dual Field not. The PI generate strong signal beat the CTX and vice versa.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One question, I have Whites Dual Field, my mate want too. Can we use two dual field on the beach same time, close together?

My experience CTX and Excalibur work close, without EMI. CTX + Dual Field not. The PI generate strong signal beat the CTX and vice versa.
When you use any PI near another PI or maybe any detector it will cause EMI. Just stay apart 20' or so. Also the original poster asked how to tell iron from other metals. Both the Pi Pro and Dual field you hear rusty iron as a noisy sound then when over it a loud beep. Out it starts, then it gets louder. Aluminum or copper, gold silver etc just make a clear loud pop. It takes a while to get used to it but once you start hearing it, you will notice.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
But dig it all. Could be a small target near the coil or a large target way down. Usually you can tell a large target, like metal frame sunglasses and cans, but it could be something good. Takes a while to distinguish what sound is what. Slower pulse PI machines don't go as deep or give you the sounds that a dual field or a pi pro does. Usually just a beep. And they are not deep on gold jewelry. Like I said get used to the sound but if in doubt dig it all. Deep sounds are what you really want to find. The dual field is very hot on gold jewelry but being deep since it is heavy, you need to listen for those faint, deep sounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread