Whites Eagle Spectrum - Battery Problem (Please Help)

kenscott

Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum SL
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

I am rather new to metal detecting. A friend of mine in his 90s gave me an almost pristine Whites Eagle Spectrum with the deep coil included.

It is a nice detector, but it seems the batteries want to die after about 30 to 40 minutes of use.

I have contacted Whites and they no longer offer the batteries but they do offer the holder for the batteries. Does anyone know a source where the batteries could be obtained or what I might be doing to drain the batteries that I might not be aware of.

I am thinking Batteries Plus might be an option.

Upvote 0

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my Dads pack went bad, he took it to a Battery Warehouse and they rebuilt it for him. Or you can get a regular battery holder and use either alkaline or get rechargeable ones for it.

OP
OP
K

kenscott

Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum SL
Primary Interest:
Other
The holder is in great condition. I think the batteries are just old and worn down.

I think I will call Batteries + and see what they think.

Thanks for the reply.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used a Spectrum for many years.....good detector. The rechargeable packs go bad just over time not to mention use. The Dollar type stores sell their alkaline batteries cheap and they last ok. If you bury a good deep test target that it barely reaches and play with your settings in the pro options you will find that you can increase your depth over the stock programs. :icon_thumleft: Best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions