WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM

R

Rich

Re: WHITE'S EAGLE SPECTRUM

WeirdWally said:
Hi Anyone out there with a Eagle Spectrum? If so can you start up your machine and tell me what Ver. software it says when you start it up. mine says Ver.1.0 I was told there is newer versions that can be installed.
thanks in advanced
Wally
sorry ,that was my first detecotr when i was a kid,...cant rember the software but i bought it around 90-91/92??when they were new on the market along with the Spectrum....check out Whites website...google it ;D

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000

I had a Eagle specturm,but I upgraded to a DFX. I realy can't remember much about the setings. They did have a book called Eagle easy out. Call Whites and see if they still sell it. I know that detector got more depth than my DFX or anyother detector[except aPI I have] that I ever owned.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

Mine says ver 1.0 as well. I am not aware of any software upgrades until the xlt came out.

(But really, what more do you want?)

Mike Silver -gold said:
I had a Eagle specturm,but I upgraded to a DFX. I realy can't remember much about the setings. They did have a book called Eagle easy out. Call Whites and see if they still sell it. I know that detector got more depth than my DFX or anyother detector[except aPI I have] that I ever owned.

Mike Silver -gold is 100% this machine is DEEEEEEEP when set right!

W

Wally

I was just wondering my Silver Eagle has ver 2.1 and the eagle spectrum has ver 1.0 the ID on the silver eagle is more accurate than my eagle spectrum

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used

Wally said:
I was just wondering my Silver Eagle has ver 2.1 and the eagle spectrum has ver 1.0 the ID on the silver eagle is more accurate than my eagle spectrum

ok, according to Kevin Mulrooney's book, "Spectrum Secrets", the Silver Eagle is NOT a Spectrum Eagle with just a few less bells and whistles. It's more like a computerized 6000 SL with full discrimination.

The accuracy of your Eagel Spectrum can and will be manipulated based on how you adjust your settings, such as VDI sens, AC sens and preamp gain. These will also effect the accuracy of the depth meter. (I believe the earlier Spectrum XLT's, not to be confused with the XLT Spectrum, comes with version 1.1 loaded.) You may want to check with White's to see if they offer a software upgrade for the Eagle Spectrum. If so, post it back here so we can all look into it.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got a new xlt last month and its 1.1 hope this helps.
Mainer

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nc-joe said:
Wally said:

ok, according to Kevin Mulrooney's book, "Spectrum Secrets", the Silver Eagle is NOT a Spectrum Eagle with just a few less bells and whistles. It's more like a computerized 6000 SL with full discrimination.

The accuracy of your Eagel Spectrum can and will be manipulated based on how you adjust your settings, such as VDI sens, AC sens and preamp gain. These will also effect the accuracy of the depth meter. (I believe the earlier Spectrum XLT's, not to be confused with the XLT Spectrum, comes with version 1.1 loaded.) You may want to check with White's to see if they offer a software upgrade for the Eagle Spectrum. If so, post it back here so we can all look into it.

Joe, some confusion here. The Spectrum XLT and the XLT Spectrum are the same machine. They came out in late '93 early '94 and replaced the Eagle Spectrum ?? to late '93. BTW, my Eagle Spectrum has version 1.0, and I beleive there were no newer versions. The eagles (Silver, etc.) preceded the Eagle Spectrum.........Rich

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used

Rich in Central PA said:
nc-joe said:
Wally said:

Joe, some confusion here. The Spectrum XLT and the XLT Spectrum are the same machine. They came out in late '93 early '94 and replaced the Eagle Spectrum ?? to late '93. BTW, my Eagle Spectrum has version 1.0, and I beleive there were no newer versions. The eagles (Silver, etc.) preceded the Eagle Spectrum.........Rich

There is something different about the Spectrum XLT (with rainbow decals) and the XLT Spectrum (black and white (E-series)). But not sure exactly what the differences are.

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Joe I have both the Spectrum XLT and The Spectrum XLT E-Series and they both say version 1.1 when I turn them on. The Spectrum XLT I have is about 6 years old and The E-Series I have is about 1 year old.
I hope that helps you
Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions