Whites Gold Master Model GMS63 Manufactured 2/68 PICS ADDED 8-25

Trukindave

Aug 22, 2005
Hello

I bought this house 4 months ago and just got able to go into the attic, I found this Metal Detector
setting there rolled in a blanked as well as a reel to reel tape Deckmade by Akai model GX-4000D.

I was wondering if this metal detector is worth using in todays detecting and someone said it is a
collectors item??? This Detector is in pretty good shape for being almost 38 years old. Only 1 small
area on the case about the size of a nickel where the paint has rubbed off..

I can only find info as to the original owners manual on this detector, But nothing else Ebay, Yahoo
Google and such..... There was no batteries in the unit, It has 2 battery connections 1 looks like a 9 volt
connector and 1 looks the same but a little bigger..

Any info on this would be appreciated..

Thanks
? ? ?Dave...

I added 2 pics of the Detector, Sorry about how blurry it looks (LOL) Its 1:00 AM here :)

Also someone was wanting to see the pics of the Reel to Reel :) Here ya go...

Attachments

• GM1.jpg
    GM1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 683
  • GM2.jpg
    GM2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,404
  • GX-4000D.jpg
    GX-4000D.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 499
  • GX-4000D-1.jpg
    GX-4000D-1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Whites Gold Master Model GMS63 Manufactured 2/68

I can't tell you much as to the detector itself,

But The Batteris for it Arn't 9 Volts.

It take Battery Packs that hold Either 6 AA batteries or 8 AA Batteries or one of each.

9 Volts will power it up, but not give the correct power to do what is right.

the Fact you said one is a Little Bigger I'd say one of each.

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Welcome to the forum Dave! Someone here should be able to help! Otherwise, I would contact the White's manufacturer, they should be able to answer your questions if no one here can.

vicki

OP
OP
T

Trukindave

Aug 22, 2005

Hello

I did some research on this Detector, The serial number is 245 so its one of the 1st one of this model made. Its also known as
Whites Model S-63. I will be adding pics tomorrow sometime or maybe later tonight..

But still looking for info on it.. I did turn it on today and it worked as far as I could tell.. It took 14 AA batteries, And when I threw a penny in the grass it located it..

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Check out White's website, they have all the old manuals for their out of production detectors.? Make sure you look past the current line.? Actually here is the link directly to the Goldmaster manuals page @ White's.....? ? ?http://www.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/Goldmaster Manuals/

The coil is nothing I have ever seen. It could be stock but I doubt it, but then again it was made before I was born. To find out about the coil and everything else and more about MDing go here..... http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/index.php4?

Hope you find the goods!

JW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions