Whites is awesome

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the used XLT I bought, the battery box was a little loose. Wasnt worried, Sweet Home is only an hour away. Took it in today, no problem, just needs rerivetad, no charge. Also checked it out, no charge. Pretty soon they brought it back, all tight. By the way, coil had issues, they put a new coil on, no charge. What a change in performance. What an awesome company. Later Clyde

OP
OP
K

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a museum also that is eye opening. I agree, not many companies left that are American made and stand that firm on there product. Later Clyde

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the used XLT I bought, the battery box was a little loose. Wasnt worried, Sweet Home is only an hour away. Took it in today, no problem, just needs rerivetad, no charge. Also checked it out, no charge. Pretty soon they brought it back, all tight. By the way, coil had issues, they put a new coil on, no charge. What a change in performance. What an awesome company. Later Clyde

WOW ...
That,s the way to keep your customer base.
My XLT is used as well tho i've owned it for 6+ years & it could use a little Battery Compartment Work , Heck that,s how I got the machine .
The former Owner My Friend Thought It Did not work anymore , it would cut off if you shook the machine or bumped the box, the issue was the battery pack was not getting a good connection (down inside the machine) So I just rigged something to push the battery pack to one side & stuck some of those stick on Furniture -To floor Pads to the battery compartment latch & that, done the trick for a few years now. Not bad for a Free MD that's found me $1000,s in Finds.

But It would be nice to live near Sweet Home OR. So I don't have to go through all the hassle.
And a Free New Loop ..You Can NOT beat that.
Thanks For The Info,
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good experience, great they stand behind their products. Like my 30 something year old fisher, fisher will still service it.
Gotta love american made pride.

Mike

So Fisher Will still service their older machines?

I have a 1266-X that needs battery Compartment work , it can be rigged to work ,But it's A REAL PAIN.
Ill have to check into this.
Thanks
BC1969

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my huntin buddy sent in his mxt for service.They found it was the coil,they replaced it with an upgrade,no charge.They got it back quick too...I was impressed.I have had great luck with both garrett and fisher.Some great american companies in this hobby.
cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread