Whites sees coins through iron nails in all metal mode.

Rodog

May 24, 2006
Macomb County, Michigan
Years ago there was a little tubular product advertised in the treasures mags for Whites Eagle Spectrum that said find coins surrounded by iron nails easily in the all metal mode. Does anyone remember what that product was and what it was made of? Any references to this would be greatly appreciated. Also is there anyone out there that has had any experience with it.

Thanks

OP
OP
Rodog

Rodog

May 24, 2006
Macomb County, Michigan
As I remember a little more it was a little tube filled with something, mounted by the coil. Apparently it allowed the the metal detector to detect coins in all metal mode while the coin was surrounded by a handful of iron nails. In the early 90's as I recall. Just can't remember who made it and what was in the tube that made the metal detector ignore the iron while in all metal mode.

Can anyone help that has any of those old MD magazines laying around? Would really appreciate it.

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
Rodog said:
Years ago there was a little tubular product advertised in the treasures mags for Whites Eagle Spectrum that said find coins surrounded by iron nails easily in the all metal mode. Does anyone remember what that product was and what it was made of? Any references to this would be greatly appreciated. Also is there anyone out there that has had any experience with it.

Thanks
i dont know about the tube but a xlt would get you around a nail with a coin in the ground eazy. i have pulled out many coins with the xlt that had junk in the hole with it. i got a dfx now but i need to learn it :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Sov, and Excals do this all the time electronically. Set a railroad spike on a gold ring and it will read the ring. I remember the tube, but never used one to see if it did as advertised.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
It was called, "The Iron Eliminator". I bought one a year ago on ebay, read the directions, thought it sounded stupid, and sold it last month. You would tune your machine a certain way, put the little tube near the coil for a second, and BAM , magic. Yea, sure. I pull coins in the middle of nails all the time at a ghost town site with my e-xlt.

cjrjr507

Sep 24, 2006
Libby, Mt.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi

I have that tube. Iron Eliminator.
Sold by International treasure Hunter, 243 Belden Drive, San Jose, Ca 95123 (408)281-1980
Have not used it much but did test it out and it worked as advertised. I put three good sized (2 1/2") nails on the ground and a ring mixed in and the detector found the ring but not the nails but if I put in one or more extra nails the nails would mask the ring. Hope this helps! Oh, if you want to find coins at a sports or football field try scanning the sides of the white lines the grounds keeper put down. They lose a lot of coins! Maybe rings too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread