Upvote 0

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BD: Hope you have great luck with it. I have a Sand Shark coming my way soon, too. Can't wait to get it salty!

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it showed up today! cant wait til friday morning! i considered the shark as i read they are awesome. let me know how it goes!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BD: Will lete you know. I'm at least a week or more out on my first salt hunt. Can't wait to hear how your DF treats you; it was either the Shark or the DF, and Shark warranty won my heart.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Info from Sanman on the DF, A must have

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...book-out-whites-dual-field-you-have-read.html

SNAG-0020.jpg

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
Good machine.... plenty deep... learn the the tone and it will take time and patience... try and dig the narrow sounding beeps, the longer tones are usually trash either can tops of iron targets... double beeps or scratchy broken tones are usually nails, bits of wire or bobbiepins.

I set the gain to 2pm and just click the pulse delay out of factory to 7pm anymore and you will lose some depth.

As you progress with the machine try and start listening for the silent spots that are repeatable in the threshold some have called them negative breaks to me they are repeatable silent spots... these tend to be very deep good targets...

Any other questions feel free to ask...

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome! Excellent Info!

I took her for a trial run today and wow, dug lots of stuff. i dug a truck key, 10-12 bobbiepins, a safety pin, loads of bottle caps, a part to a chair, a quarter, dime, 2 pennies, 2 tent stakes, a bolt, a swimsuit eyelet and a deep small rusty fish hook. i had a couple of strong hits in the surf lap at low tide but could not retrieve, was too deep, the waves kept filling the hole before i could get 2 scoops out.

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks OBN, ill order one!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck with new metal detector.:occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
BD
user-offline.png

Thanks OBN, ill order one!

Your welcome, CJC is one of the Old Masters on several machines. His Books are the type you carry everywhere you get a chance to spend a few moments reading, they can be a little hard at first but the info is dead on. As you spend more time on the machine you can relate to what he is saying...To this day I can say I'm still seeing things he has written, fall into place................................And Craig Pi has been one of the few who can say, CJC calls him for info and tips on the Dual Field.

Craig Pi
learn the the tone and it will take time and patience... try and dig the narrow sounding beeps, the longer tones are usually trash either can tops of iron targets... double beeps or scratchy broken tones are usually nails, bits of wire or bobbiepins.
I set the gain to 2pm and just click the pulse delay out of factory to 7pm anymore and you will lose some depth.
As you progress with the machine try and start listening for the silent spots that are repeatable in the threshold some have called them negative breaks to me they are repeatable silent spots... these tend to be very deep good targets...
:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread