Who Collects Black Glass?

Heres my totals for the year. I just got a lesson from the king of black glass here in the keys. The method is to walk the back edge of the mangrove swamp and probe the mud with 2 aluminum rods. I never had enough patience for it but im going back to try this again. These are just the ones on top plus a couple glass fishing floats. photo-137.JPG
photo-135.JPG
photo-134.JPG
photo-133.JPG
photo-68.JPG
photo-46.JPG
photo-45.JPGphoto-63.JPG
Thats all my pics. From this year. I hope to increase my black glass finds with the probing technique.

Looks like you are getting the hang of mangrove hunting. Great potential ahead of you. Keep us posted

IMG_4893.JPG
I dug this one a few years back.
Embossing says - JOHN GILLON & COS
KING WM IV

Great to see this thread resurrected. Here's one for the cause.

purifier.jpg purifier1.jpg purifier2.jpg

Here’s some of mine black glass bottles that I found in the historic city of Philadelphia. image.jpg

Nothing worthy to show, however, black glass is a very rare item out my way, and every fragment I find, I keep...!

DSC_0163.jpg

All of these amazing bottles, and than I post this, lol!

Here's a Continental mallet, recovered in Belgium (where it may have been produced). It fits the guidelines for English mallets -- a shoulder-height to base-diameter ratio of less than one. IOW, the base diameter is broader than the height of the start of the shoulder. It has a rough glass pontil scar.

1760black_B.JPG

Attachments

• 1760black.jpg
    1760black.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back