Who decides if finds are true or Lies ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really think there should be a council here that decides on issue for fairness. One of my posts simply evaporated. No explanation. No warning. As far as I know, I did nothing wrong. There should be a notice that your posted was removed.

As for finds, if someone is lying about it, let them. A person of true perception can see right through the phonies.

No council, no committee. If a post was deleted it was either off topic, violated a rule or was quoting a post that violated a rule. If you pm me and tell me what thread it was in I could look for post and tell you why, but no we do not tell members in advance or after the fact a post was deleted.

We have a process already for finds, if a member has proof a find is fake in some way report it to the mods with the evidence on why it is a fake and mods will research it. It is never okay to attack someone's find in the open forum.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Don't you recall that when you read through the Terms and Conditions here before you clicked "I agree" that you we OK with . . . .

"We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason."

{I bolded the relevant sentence.}

That isn't relevant at all. Re-read what I posted. I wasn't saying anything about they shouldn't delete the post nor did I give a specific reason why a post should be deleted. I asked what reason.

But don't bother I can see it's too much to ask.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The banned person I mentioned earlier was closer to two full years ago. He had repeatedly posted nothing but absolutely awesome finds, and had several banners.

Then he posted a pristine couple hundred year old big silver as found. Then what tripped him up is that the same coin had been posted on Ebay for sale a couple weeks earlier.

He'd posted so many bucket list items that apparently members here began to be suspicious. And he's gone! But the "investigations" were done off TNet, and then the mods contacted with absolute proof.

I don't post negative comments as a usual. But I've seen some pennies posted which were pristine and old, yet came out of the ground? My ground doesn't give up pennies like that, nor did it in Ohio and Michigan where I once lived.

However, if you do not have absolute proof, don't be posting negative or questioning comments. Like the above mentioned banned member, eventually they trip themselves up. Go on with your own life.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was posted in buckles, and below is the post I was referring to. The what's it post was a harness buckle.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/buckles/559949-war-1812-shoulder-buckle.html
Not nit picking though, just learning what to do to have a successful post. Also, this has now successfully hi-jacked the thread, and I apologize to the OP. Never my intention.

When you said unmarked buckle I searched your threads found one titled "buckle" and thought that was the one you were referring to. Your 1812 buckle you posted in the buckle forum which does not get the traffic the more popular forums do.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That isn't relevant at all. Re-read what I posted. I wasn't saying anything about they shouldn't delete the post nor did I give a specific reason why a post should be deleted. I asked what reason.

But don't bother I can see it's too much to ask.

I not only read but I quoted what you posted. It was perfectly relevant. But I think I see the problem. ;-)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I gotta confess now... Some of the old iron horseshoes I've found on the old road behind my house probably didn't come from Abe Lincoln's or George Washington's horse as I stated. But it did make me feel better after digging them up!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading all this made me think of one of William Shakespeare's works "Much Ado About Nothing". Time to go detecting tomorrow and let the rest go. Civil War, here I come. Another 150 mile one way drive! Hope I don't run into any copperheads.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reading all this made me think of one of William Shakespeare's works "Much Ado About Nothing". Time to go detecting tomorrow and let the rest go. Civil War, here I come. Another 150 mile one way drive! Hope I don't run into any copperheads.

Good luck with the hunt!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I have to get off the internet sometime. This trip is a battlefield. Not my normal spot.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this on Long Island! :laughing7:

Attachments

• jones9511 024.jpg
    jones9511 024.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry are those your LEGS or are you RIDDING A CHICKEN ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, did you just get out of one of the "Terminator" movies?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a slippery slope that we climb.
If you find something really incredible and decide to post it with a backstory,, you just might be awarded a Banner. That is recognition and an honor that comes from you fellow Tnetters. I know if I ever get that honor for one of my finds, it will be something I earned fair and square.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "banner" is fine, but holding the little sucker in your hand fresh from the ground....that's where it's at!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, all this we find is just "stuff". I like the chase. I have to label items by site, other than that after six months I'd forget when or where I got it. The years also tend to melt together. I have more good sites now than I did 40 years ago.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are just lucky, and sometimes it's all location..... I have been blessed finding 4 , walking liberty halves in a hole..... and 6 year's later found 5, walking Liberty halves in a hole and made banner for the first time in 29 years of detecting.... yet, I have never found a Morgan dollar, a Spanish silver, a Trime , a half dime or a Gold coin... I know 2 friends that found Spanish silver and half dimes, in less than 7 years.... You never know when that "Gold" coin or special something may pop up, but, boy, when it does, it's the best feeling in the world and if you planted it.... you just lost out on that feeling of pride and joy !!!!

Everyone , be safe and good luck hunting.... there is a banner within 5 miles of you, you just have to find it... A shout out to a couple friends.... Time Machine, Underwonder and John845.... HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a high tone, Terry!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya...he's going to need a bigger "finds" pouch!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is what it is. How good is your BS detector? My BS detector has gotten me to a ripe age...well, my wife says I get pretty ripe anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions