SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a mix of Italian and German immigrants, British colonists, revolutionary war patriots runaway slaves, American settlers and native Americans. The common theme amongst all of my ancestors is that they took enormous risks, fought hard for what they believed in and to better their lives, and for the most part lived very long lives, maybe because they were too stubborn to die. I believe that those who have gone before us shepherd us through this life and share their strength with us, and for that I am very thankful.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank God that I was born here and not some third world sh!thole country, and that I have a family with food on the table and a roof over my head. God bless America! Jmho.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahh hell, thank ME! And you know what? You're Welcome! :occasion14:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok my white side came here from England in 1685. A minister that got away from being told no your wrong. I am also Italian because of wine. :laughing7: The american native side happened in Iowa when great grandma 1889 was raped by a drunk man of native decent. I am thankfull but a little crazy. 8-)

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother always claimed that we were descendants of Roger Williams (her maiden name was Williams). Could be, since I know for a fact that my family has lived in Rhode Island for at least 200 years. I've never been able to trace my genealogy back that far, but it would definitely explain my rebellious personality! LOL!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the chance to travel the world ,, courtesy of the USN. By the age of 22, I had circumnavigated the globe 2 1/2 times. I did get to see.some beautiful parts of the world. I also saw how people lived. Sometimes, not too nice. They didn't have a choice or the opportunity that we have in this country. I have been blessed. I lived long enough to retire and to start enjoying the "Golden Years"
Now it is all about an individual's health and quality of life. As long as I have that, there is nothing to really complain about. So, yes I am grateful.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thank my wife.
Best thing that ever happened to me.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother always claimed that we were descendants of Roger Williams (her maiden name was Williams). Could be, since I know for a fact that my family has lived in Rhode Island for at least 200 years. I've never been able to trace my genealogy back that far, but it would definitely explain my rebellious personality! LOL!

If you want to find out "what you are" and even find a bunch of relatives, do a DNA test from Ancestry.com. They not only tell you your ethnic makeup but match your results against everyone else who has taken the test and give you a list of who you are related to and how close the relationship is. We knew my father was Native American but nothing else despite years I spent working on family genealogy. Took the test, and within weeks I had gone back a couple hundred years in his family history.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thank my parents for not drowning me at ages five, eight and eleven like I deserved.

But I'm still searching for this "white entitlement" line I stand in to get all the goodies associated with being handed out a good living work free because my ancestors came from Northern Europe.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to find out "what you are" and even find a bunch of relatives, do a DNA test from Ancestry.com. They not only tell you your ethnic makeup but match your results against everyone else who has taken the test and give you a list of who you are related to and how close the relationship is. We knew my father was Native American but nothing else despite years I spent working on family genealogy. Took the test, and within weeks I had gone back a couple hundred years in his family history.

Sounds like a great idea, but not with my DNA. I'll have my brother do it. Don't want my DNA on file anywhere. Call me paranoid, but nothing good can come from anyone having that info available! Too easy for law enforcement to get a warrant and try to pin some heinous crime on me...

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
Thank God, for the USA the grate melting pot of opportunity. But if anyone finds that white privilege thing do publish where and what detector you are using.

The only privilege I have found is being loved by God and born in the USA

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim
Sounds like a great idea, but not with my DNA. I'll have my brother do it. Don't want my DNA on file anywhere. Call me paranoid, but nothing good can come from anyone having that info available! Too easy for law enforcement to get a warrant and try to pin some heinous crime on me...

Yea I think the same thing after each episode of that commercial.

Not sure if this is a PA or National Thing.
But in many cases here if someone is charged with a crime they are forced to Submit to a DNA sample.

Ancestry is going a step forward and getting them from suckers/Innocents.
And putting that info in a Computer Base that can be Hacked/sold/confiscated
in today's world.

Not me

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is a PA or National Thing.
But in many cases here if someone is charged with a crime they are forced to Submit to a DNA sample

Yup, great way to build a national DNA database. Charge everyone with petty crimes, grab their DNA and then let them go due to lack of evidence. In their eyes, the end justifies the means.

The problem with DNA is that my DNA is probably in a lot of places in my area. I think about all the metal detecting spots where I left my blood, spit, hair and so on at a location. What if someone was murdered at a baseball field where I had been the day before the crime was committed? If my DNA is easily accessible, it wouldn't be too hard for them to track me down and pin it on me.

This may sound ridiculous, but watch a few episodes of "The First 48". The cops run around like chickens with their heads cut off during the first 48 hours after a crime has been committed. They need to pin it on someone fast because the odds of catching the criminal are greatly reduced after 48 hours.

Everyone thinks the police are great, until they have you in their sights. I've been harassed way too many times in my life by the police for nothing. I've actually been asked to show ID three times over the past two years while I was standing in my own yard! Why? Because there was a recent robbery in my neighborhood and I guess I fit their profile. Not right, but they get away with it day after day, all in the name of "justice"...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok my white side came here from England in 1685. A minister that got away from being told no your wrong. I am also Italian because of wine. :laughing7: The american native side happened in Iowa when great grandma 1889 was raped by a drunk man of native decent. I am thankfull but a little crazy. 8-)
Naw.... You're not crazy! You're just smart enough to not care what the rest of the herd thinks, so you have more time to do more things so the rest of the herd thinks you're half a bubble off.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teacher asked her students their ethnic background. Little Johnny stood up and said "Irish, English and Indian. Teacher asks "Indian??, what tribe??. Johnny replied, "No tribe, just one waaaaandering Indian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread