Who do use for the forecasting the weather?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Doppler Radar and accuweather. They seem to be most accurate. Yahoo weather and places like that never know what they are talking about !! I've missed lots of day's detecting because they said the weather would be good or bad and it was the opposite !! So finding a reliable weather source is important !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use Doppler Radar and accuweather. They seem to be most accurate. Yahoo weather and places like that never know what they are talking about !! I've missed lots of day's detecting because they said the weather would be good or bad and it was the opposite !! So finding a reliable weather source is important !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Have to know the truth as it could make the difference between a hunt or sitting and waiting to hunt. Nothing is worse than it says 20% chance of perception and it happens to be over the actual hunting site.:laughing7:

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pepperj, this year I used an all white skunk with black feet. Told everybody at work that I saw it and they thought I was nuts, Told them it was going to be miserable winter. What does that kid say on the simpsons "HA HA".....Joe McDonough

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WeatherBug has a beautifully vibrant radar screen, but can be liberal when forecasting precipitation.
TheWeatherChannel is my usual "go to", for reliable info.
Peace ✌

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here where I live I use one of the the local news channels, they also have a free app I put on my phone so I can pull up the Doppler radar any time, works real good!

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use wunderground now, their wundermap is a pretty good interactive map. I used to use the weather channel, but their website has become a joke...half of their homepage is advertising and they spend more time sensationalizing the weather than just honestly reporting it.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use wunderground now, their wundermap is a pretty good interactive map. I used to use the weather channel, but their website has become a joke...half of their homepage is advertising and they spend more time sensationalizing the weather than just honestly reporting it.

So true about the Weather Channel, they had on the site a stat. that said the Yukon had the coldest weather at -200C for 100+ days a year, the National Enquirer of weather reporting.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a paid subscription for Wunderground. I don't remember how many years ago I started it, but I believe it runs through this coming November. I will renew it again! It's great to have it without all the ads.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a paid subscription for Wunderground. I don't remember how many years ago I started it, but I believe it runs through this coming November. I will renew it again! It's great to have it without all the ads.

Problem with wunderground is its major liberal agenda...

Sent from a empty soda can!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just look out the window.

GOD Bless

Chris

It's the way I grew up, no weather reports just look across the valley to the west, sunset/sunrises pretty well did it for us. If a person knows their clouds and the cows well it's a great start.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Problem with wunderground is its major liberal agenda...

Somehow I figured somebody would try to link frigging politics to the clouds. :icon_scratch:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live in Florida, if I don't like the weather in my front yard, I go to the backyard. Basically it can be raining a block away and a drop won't fall near me. Not too good to trust a weatherman here unless its an obvious rain out day.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow I figured somebody would try to link frigging politics to the clouds. :icon_scratch:

:BangHead: People just don't research anything before they spout off sometimes eh?

So, they do seem to have a decent set up in spite of how they originated. And their beliefs, which they love to write blogs about.
What do you expect from an organization that loved the name that much.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the local weatherman is wrong, I have a backup weather stone in the yard. If the stone is wet, it is raining. If it's dry, ........

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sorry, but you really should research out the history of the weathermen and check it out for yourself. Knowledge is king.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, but you really should research out the history of the weathermen and check it out for yourself. Knowledge is king.

Well I really don't care about the history of the weatherman, if it this or that left or right, what does it matter. So you black list something if it hangs one way or the other? Who owns the Underground Weather? Blackstone-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_George_Peterson But then again I'm probably missing the point as what the frig both of you are referring to in the first place. Oh well It's time to go watch the weather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread