Who do use for the forecasting the weather?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone mentioned so far gets their weather information from the NWS. The online sites just all present it a little differently and fluff it up with cute little sunshine pictures and scary clouds.

You can get it all for free, without the ads, from the same place they get it for free.

National Weather Service

(well, not actually for free, your federal taxes are paying for it)

For the simplest forecast, just type in your zip code on the left side, and hit GO.

Click on all the stuff for your local area- lots to see.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 49

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I really don't care about the history of the weatherman, if it this or that left or right, what does it matter. So you black list something if it hangs one way or the other? Who owns the Underground Weather? Blackstone-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_George_Peterson But then again I'm probably missing the point as what the frig both of you are referring to in the first place. Oh well It's time to go watch the weather.

Ok, so you don't care about the history...how about supporting domestic terrorism?

Sent from a empty soda can!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just something to think about. It's up to you where you get your weather...
P.S. Excellent point G.I.B.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Our weather forecast comes from a slightly overweight maiden on TV, that has a lot of trouble telling the truth.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOAA VHF broadcasts. I can get the Binghamton, Norwich and Ithaca airport repeaters here.

mtrail.jpg

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
predicting the future is not yet a science,only best guess.If I wanna go hunting,I go.dont need no weatherman to tell me which way the wind blows.
just sayin..:occasion14:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, so you don't care about the history...how about supporting domestic terrorism?

Well It's a long read, and I guess there's two sides to every story. I really think that we'll never come to see the same point as I really don't see the point of dragging this ShLt up as it was your war so to speak and some just didn't like what was happening.

Weather Underground - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup it'll still stay up on the header, and sorry you feel so offended by other folks choices.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I spend 35 hr.'s a week in whatever the weather is. I listen to local weather forecast, look at radar if bad weather and hope it won't be as bad as predicted. As a rule of thumb, I can figure between 10 and 20 degrees difference in the high and low's for the day. Anything over 12 hours is a guess at best most of the time.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I use my body and my cat. My arthritis tells me when it will rain and when the cat starts sleeping, sitting or dozing with his paws tucked under him, a cold front is coming. In the summer it means turn off the a/c...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well It's a long read, and I guess there's two sides to every story. I really think that we'll never come to see the same point as I really don't see the point of dragging this ShLt up as it was your war so to speak and some just didn't like what was happening.

Weather Underground - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup it'll still stay up on the header, and sorry you feel so offended by other folks choices.

Um, I never asked you to take it off the header, so I'm not sure where that came from...the point of dragging this stuff up is to enlighten people as it is not widely known, and your right I don't like what this organization stands for so your statement of us never agreeing I assume means that you are in agreement with this organization...I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I must remind you that you're thread asked what others use for weather and I am answering you by saying I use accuweather from my iPhone as I don't have local channels on my tv. I simply provided you with some information and its up to you what you do with it. At least some others can benefit from what I posted.

I also must tell you I have no interest in a long drawn out argument online with you so this is where this ends... No hard feelings...

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Regarding weather forecasting, depends where you live. For example, for immediate weather I look at weather maps http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/l/43230:4:US
For tide tables and Marine reports I go to My Forecast at New Smyrna Beach, FL Extended Tide Forecast

For Surf conditions, a must go to spot is Surf Info at Clearwater, Florida Surf Forecast and Surf Report

I, for one, prefer metal detecting the dry sand beach during cold, rainy days or cold windy days when beach people traffic is minimal. When I'm working the surf, I prefer warm sunny days with calm, glassy conditions.mmmmmmm

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For anyone wanting a mobile weather application, id suggest checking out "Dark Sky"... Its a great app with no ads, and even has notification options you can turn on that will give you heads up like "Rain Starting In 10 Minutes" and the like... And its actually dead on accurate so far (I've had it for 5 months or so).

It also has layered doppler and all kinds of useful info, etc.

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sent from a empty soda can![/QUOTE]
Um, I never asked you to take it off the header, so I'm not sure where that came from...the point of dragging this stuff up is to enlighten people as it is not widely known, and your right I don't like what this organization stands for so your statement of us never agreeing I assume means that you are in agreement with this organization...I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I must remind you that you're thread asked what others use for weather and I am answering you by saying I use accuweather from my iPhone as I don't have local channels on my tv. I simply provided you with some information and its up to you what you do with it. At least some others can benefit from what I posted.

I also must tell you I have no interest in a long drawn out argument online with you so this is where this ends... No hard feelings...

Yes I agree you didn't ask me to take it off the header, and do I side with the org.'s beliefs? Well I'll say radicalism, funded protest, or the like has never been in my interest.
It has opened up a pretty good read as all happened when I was too young to really understand the whys of the time.
The interesting link was to Timothy Leary and how the two were connected and what happened.
Once again I will say it has opened up a read and I may of learned a thing or two so I thank you for that one.

I guess this would of taken a slightly different direction if my original question was answered first then the reference to the Weatherman second but it's all good. No hard feelings.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone mentioned so far gets their weather information from the NWS. The online sites just all present it a little differently and fluff it up with cute little sunshine pictures and scary clouds.

You can get it all for free, without the ads, from the same place they get it for free.

National Weather Service

(well, not actually for free, your federal taxes are paying for it)

For the simplest forecast, just type in your zip code on the left side, and hit GO.

Click on all the stuff for your local area- lots to see.

Yep, Been using NOAA for many years.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I stated, I subscribe to the Wunderground weather site. That means no ads. I look at the weather and the maps. I don't read their blogs. I just want the weather. For $10 a year, I get the weather with no hassles. I also occasionally go to the NWS and Accuweather sites. If I want to know what the weather is like at the present time, I open the back door. 'Nough said.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my weather Rock....when it's wet it's raining, when it's moving it's windy, and when it's white it's snowing...100% reliability....Gary

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ad Block Plus kills off all the annoying ads, and it's free. Been using it for years.

Sure is nice.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use my weather Rock....when it's wet it's raining, when it's moving it's windy, and when it's white it's snowing...100% reliability....Gary

So it's like the ol' saying goes "What it is-is what it is"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions