Who else is getting tired of hearing about the Templars

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"It's origin is still being debated, just as with Oak Island, without conclusive confirmation." Don't deny fact, embrace it. That's the only avenue to truth. :icon_thumleft:

i.e., if one is to conclude that the coconut fiber found on Oak Island is relevant to the Templars then one must also conclude that they were in South America as well and that their "alleged" treasure must be there as well. So again, that coconut fiber has absolutely zero relevance to the Templars ever being on Oak Island.

No, your still wrong BS, at least as far as when and how it appeared in the Atlantic Basin. The map shown earlier in this thread is accurate. You think the Templars sailed to South America? Wow, I don't think I even premised that! Did they come from the East or the West to get there?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the meantime, I am helping a Nigerian Prince who is a direct descendent of the Templars and was the secret custodian of their wealth, move $25 million to my bank in the USA where he has offered me 50% of the proceeds to get it here. The only problem is that the Illuminati are trying to block the transfer, and are working with the Skull & Bones secret Harvard society to steal the funds enroute. I have contacted the Masons and the Bilderburg Group to help me get the funds here with the promise that I will donate 20% of my share to their organizations, but one of their members, The Clinton Foundation, is demanding a bigger share. Just hoping it all can get worked out so I can purchase that $7000 Detector I've been drooling over.... (hmmm... there are some strange people with mysterious tattoos hanging around on my block! Yikes!)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, your still wrong BS, at least as far as when and how it appeared in the Atlantic Basin. The map shown earlier in this thread is accurate. You think the Templars sailed to South America? Wow, I don't think I even premised that! Did they come from the East or the West to get there?

Cheers, Loki

You're attempting to make fun, but my whole point is that if you think the presence of coconut fibers establishes the presence of Templars on Oak Island, well, then what about the "still ongoing and still inconclusive" debate of the origins of the coconut? You "want" to believe in one side of that ongoing and uncertain debate, I just want to the actual confirmed facts first so there is no "uncertain" and ongoing debate. But since you "want of believe" then one might also conclude that the Templars were in South America as well. Same sense of logic and reason with no "certain" and "conclusive" answers. i.e., picking "selective wants" within the existing unknowns and unconfirmed uncertainties. But good luck to you, I just wouldn't expect anything conclusive to come without having facts in hand first.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many pick and choose their 'evidence' to fit their narrative.

The Fountain of Youth, The Seven Golden Cities, etc., etc., etc., Oak Island is no different unless there exist credible manuscript/record of their having survived, reunited, gathered their massive treasures on the coast, and then set sail across the Atlantic. But no such credible evidence exist of such events and so man simply creates them because he wants to believe in such things. The legend of Oak Island survives because it feeds its audience this same romance, lore, myth, rumor, speculation, and "drama."

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're attempting to make fun, but my whole point is that if you think the presence of coconut fibers establishes the presence of Templars on Oak Island, well, then what about the "still ongoing and still inconclusive" debate of the origins of the coconut? You "want" to believe in one side of that ongoing and uncertain debate, I just want to the actual confirmed facts first so there is no "uncertain" and ongoing debate. But since you "want of believe" then one might also conclude that the Templars were in South America as well. Same sense of logic and reason with no "certain" and "conclusive" answers. i.e., picking "selective wants" within the existing unknowns and unconfirmed uncertainties. But good luck to you, I just wouldn't expect anything conclusive to come without having facts in hand first.

No again BS, you are simply making stuff up to disprove a premise. I understand someone or for that matter almost everybody doubting my premise but don't make stuff up to disprove it. Say something like "I think there is a greater possibility that the Vikings brought the coconut fibre to Oak Island" or at least something within reason.
The fact is that coconuts did not grow anywhere within the Atlantic Basin until brought there by the Portuguese in 1499, there is no doubt about this, and that means the whole Atlantic Coast of South America. If you can find evidence of a doubt please post it as I would be interested in reading it.

Cheers, Loki

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No again BS, you are simply making stuff up to disprove a premise. I understand someone or for that matter almost everybody doubting my premise but don't make stuff up to disprove it. Say something like "I think there is a greater possibility that the Vikings brought the coconut fibre to Oak Island" or at least something within reason.
The fact is that coconuts did not grow anywhere within the Atlantic Basin until brought there by the Portuguese in 1499, there is no doubt about this, and that means the whole Atlantic Coast of South America. If you can find evidence of a doubt please post it as I would be interested in reading it.

Cheers, Loki

So you're saying that in 1499, and before, per example, there was no existing land bridge from South America to the North America, per example? Interesting. Again, you simply have the "want and desire to believe" that a single coconut fiber found at Oak Island is evidence that the Templars just had to be the ones to bring it. Look, the subject of question is the claimed connection of a single coconut fiber being in direct connection with the Templars, as if it is fact, when quite clearly, that conclusion is simply and quite obviously false.

Even today, should a man emerge from the desert with fantastic tale of survival and lost discovery, gold nuggets or precious stones in hand, true believers would never even bother to entertain the possibility that he had those pieces of gold or precious stones on his presence when he walked into the desert. This is the same thing that we are seeing with Oak Island. There's simply no credible evidence to any of this Templar drama. But I'm not wishing to be drawn into another debate over the complete unknown so believe as you wish and good luck with that.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, kinda tired of it too.
I noted a new reality show coming soon -The Curse of Civil War Gold,
and guess who's in the show?
yep, one of the bros of Oak Island fame, Marty...!
Is the show winding down...?
I bet that they aren't going to find anything other than
what the metal detector expert, Gary finds...!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you're saying that in 1499, and before, per example, there was no existing land bridge from South America to the North America, per example? Interesting. Again, you simply have the "want and desire to believe" that a single coconut fiber found at Oak Island is evidence that the Templars just had to be the ones to bring it. Look, the subject of question is the claimed connection of a single coconut fiber being in direct connection with the Templars, as if it is fact, when quite clearly, that conclusion is simply and quite obviously false.

Even today, should a man emerge from the desert with fantastic tale of survival and lost discovery, gold nuggets or precious stones in hand, true believers would never even bother to entertain the possibility that he had those pieces of gold or precious stones on his presence when he walked into the desert. This is the same thing that we are seeing with Oak Island. There's simply no credible evidence to any of this Templar drama. But I'm not wishing to be drawn into another debate over the complete unknown so believe as you wish and good luck with that.

Sorry BS, I know you don't wish a discussion on the subject, but you did ridicule me with your statements and I believe I do have a right to answer you.
Firstly, it is not a single fibre, as a matter of fact there is still some in the Oak Island Museum that at one time I had permission to have tested and I'm sorry I didn't. The fibre dated as it was by several different groups could only originally have come from the area of the South Pacific or Indian Ocean if by vessel or could have been brought overland from India by Arab trading in the Middle East. The largest group operating in the Middle East with West European connections was the Knights Templar.
In spring 1307 some 10 ships of the Templar fleet arrived in the Atlantic Port of La Rochelle from Cyprus (in the Middle East)which along with a number of Templar vessels already there disappeared a couple of months later.
In 1244 the last of the Cathars a religious group in Southern France were burned at the stake. Some historians believe they were executed because they held a secret that could damage the Church. Many of the Templars were related to the Cathar elect and the night before the executions received some objects from them. Ex SS officer Otto Rahn wrote two books on the subject in the 1930s which anyone interested should read, if your not don't. The German elite called these objects collectively the Holy Grail, but they were much more than that. The SS even had a special room in Wewelsburg Castle built to hold them, except they were never found!
In my humble opinion (a little more than that) The Templars brought those objects (not a treasure in that sense) to Nova Scotia passing through Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry BS, I know you don't wish a discussion on the subject, but you did ridicule me with your statements and I believe I do have a right to answer you.
Firstly, it is not a single fibre, as a matter of fact there is still some in the Oak Island Museum that at one time I had permission to have tested and I'm sorry I didn't. The fibre dated as it was by several different groups could only originally have come from the area of the South Pacific or Indian Ocean if by vessel or could have been brought overland from India by Arab trading in the Middle East. The largest group operating in the Middle East with West European connections was the Knights Templar.
In spring 1307 some 10 ships of the Templar fleet arrived in the Atlantic Port of La Rochelle from Cyprus (in the Middle East)which along with a number of Templar vessels already there disappeared a couple of months later.
In 1244 the last of the Cathars a religious group in Southern France were burned at the stake. Some historians believe they were executed because they held a secret that could damage the Church. Many of the Templars were related to the Cathar elect and the night before the executions received some objects from them. Ex SS officer Otto Rahn wrote two books on the subject in the 1930s which anyone interested should read, if your not don't. The German elite called these objects collectively the Holy Grail, but they were much more than that. The SS even had a special room in Wewelsburg Castle built to hold them, except they were never found!
In my humble opinion (a little more than that) The Templars brought those objects (not a treasure in that sense) to Nova Scotia passing through Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

Well then ok, fine, sure, heck let's even assume that coconuts originated on an imaginary island in the middle of the Atlantic, but I still see absolutely nothing to confirm that the Templars ever crossed the Atlantic and arrived at Oak Island bearing coconuts. "Where is all of this Templar/coconuts/Oak Island connection coming from?" Know what, it just don't matter, it is what it is and if that's what folks wish to believe without any type of credible confirmation then so be it. Which is my point with the fountain of youth, the seven golden cities, the lost ship of the Mojave, etc., etc. Not ridiculing, just pointing out that that circumstances and events don't actually exist just because we desire them to exist. Where is the "credible fact" supporting any of this Templars/coconut/Oak Island speculation? There isn't any, just man made theory based on wild speculation. And that is an undeniable current fact. There could be many other reasons why/how coconut fiber exist, none of them having anything at all to do with Templars, yes?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No empirical evidence has ever been presented that the templars brought anything to the new world, especially not coconuts...

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this has become...

Who ELSE is getting tired of hearing about the "who else is getting tired of hearing about Templars" thread.

:P

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At some point someone speculated, "Gee, I wonder if this hole in the ground is related to treasure?" And then from that point forward all manner of additional unsupported speculation regarding treasure commenced. This is the real mystery at Oak Island, "Who gave birth to all of the wild speculation?"

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well then ok, fine, sure, heck let's even assume that coconuts originated on an imaginary island in the middle of the Atlantic, but I still see absolutely nothing to confirm that the Templars ever crossed the Atlantic and arrived at Oak Island bearing coconuts. "Where is all of this Templar/coconuts/Oak Island connection coming from?" Know what, it just don't matter, it is what it is and if that's what folks wish to believe without any type of credible confirmation then so be it. Which is my point with the fountain of youth, the seven golden cities, the lost ship of the Mojave, etc., etc. Not ridiculing, just pointing out that that circumstances and events don't actually exist just because we desire them to exist. Where is the "credible fact" supporting any of this Templars/coconut/Oak Island speculation? There isn't any, just man made theory based on wild speculation. And that is an undeniable current fact. There could be many other reasons why/how coconut fiber exist, none of them having anything at all to do with Templars, yes?

Sorry BS you are still wrong, at least IMOHO!
Cheers, L.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry BS you are still wrong, at least IMOHO!
Cheers, L.

Exactly! IN Your Honest "Opinion." Just as I have my honest opinion. Point is, it's debatable because there, "are no confirming conclusive facts." But we can continue to debate all of this uncertainty and all of the unknowns until the cows come home, but to what point? It will still be debatable.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest OR humble... hmmmm

Either way it's still just a debatable opinion due to the complete lack of conclusive fact....lol If that fact existed to set confirmed parameters then these debates wouldn't even exist, because they couldn't.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I stand corrected, took 40 years to complete Roslyn Chapel and they started in 1446 so the carvings were there before Columbus...

Agreed, and I'm glad that you came back to me with that. This of course leaves us with a few questions, if you're interested in running this one down:

1. Was maize growing in Nova Scotia during this period of time?
2. If so, did it look like the corn that we grow today?
3. Is every carving in the chapel a depiction of something that exists?
4. Do the carvings in question look like modern corn, earlier corn, or some other weird cultivar of maize?
5. What are botanists and (more importantly) experts in medieval art saying about those carvings? Why do they think what they think?
6. If we can wrap up all of what I've asked about above and can establish without doubt that these carvings are proof of a transatlantic voyage before Columbus, does it in any way tell us who made that trip?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions