Who is rolling their dumps?

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I have never rolled my coins as that would add a huge amount of time, but I am curious as to what bank would even accept rolled coins. I spoke to one teller who said many customers bring in rolled coins and they ALWAYS break them open and run them through the counter. She also said they do it because people will stick tokens and all sorts of interesting things in the middle of the rolls. She showed me a big cottage cheese container that was FULL of this stuff!! She said they noted the customers accounts and if became regular they would contact the authorities.

If you are spending time rolling your coins, it does not help the banks as they have to check them. Makes perfect sense to me - Would you accept a payment from someone in rolled coins without checking to see if they were all there?

Upvote 0
I think the counters are really accurate. I have counted machine sorting and it is always exact to the penny.

AthensHunter2 said:
srcdco said:
I know that this is going to start flames, but I not only re-roll mine, but I figured out how to get them out and back into the clear plastic rolls, so I just reuse them and I put them back in the box they came in and return it that way (actually trade it in for another box, so no extra ordering is required). They don't even open the boxes anymore, I just give them the boxes that I've searched and they give me new ones to search. I do mark the rolls with a sharpie, so the tellers know that I've seen them already and won't give them back to me.

Scott

I hope you take the tellers there treats often.

I have a box of chocolates to take them this week. I've been exchanging coin at this branch since 1988. Usually they ask if I've found anything, plus I keep them informed of changes to bills and coins coming (the bank doesn't bother to tell them anything). The whole transaction only takes a few minutes as I give them boxes and they give me new boxes. It's very easy. They like it that way. We don't have to do anything with individual rolls. Plus, I count every roll and guarantee that they are correct, even if they weren't when I got them.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back