Who is this joker?

greg0074

Jul 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Anyone want to admit to this? You've ruined my last 4 box searches.

Attachments

• IMG-20110207-00002.jpg
    IMG-20110207-00002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 867
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody on this forum would ever mark a coin.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never intentionally marked a half but I am curious about why this coin ruined your box search ? If it is the 1980 date you need to complete an album, just take some goof off or lighter fluid and rub it off. At least you will know not to search that coin next time when you see it. No one has escaped the marked coins. It was probably done by some kid sitting at McDonalds.
Have fun out there, cheers !!! Jim

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
I have never intentionally marked a half but I am curious about why this coin ruined your box search ? If it is the 1980 date you need to complete an album, just take some goof off or lighter fluid and rub it off. At least you will know not to search that coin next time when you see it. No one has escaped the marked coins. It was probably done by some kid sitting at McDonalds.
Have fun out there, cheers !!! Jim

The Sad thing is it was probally done by a coin roll hunter..i get tons of them like that. its just ridiculous. and there is no point to it, its not like it is benificial for any reason. the time i scored big on silver, there were franklins mixed in with mark coins. :icon_scratch:

Just people with no respect for anything or anyone

999digger

Aug 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Who cares who it was. Even though it is the wrong thing to do. All I know is I have never marked any coins and whoever is doing it is breaking a CRHing rule.
HH

silver62

Feb 1, 2011
AVE MARIA, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Blisstool
>:(
This is not a CRH, it bothers me that you would even think it would be one of your fellow hunters.
I respect all CRHers and the thrill of the hunt!!!
As I'm sure all of you do as well, For In this thing we all do, We all are the same!
Tom

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
It is done all the time. I very rarely have a box without a marked coin. Some boxes have dozens!!!! :dontknow:

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every box I search over half of the box has some type of mark, that is why they created Where's George.com have fun with a dollar and bill and find out where it really goes!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Wasn't me, but I've seen some just like it. I'm in the Midwest. Would be interested in general location where you get them to see how far they travel. The ones I've seen are identical to yours even the color of the marker.

Oh well, I don't have time to mark coins!

Numismaniac

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
In looking at some previous past, it seems people not only mark their coins, but go so far as to post what mark they make and ask others to post how they mark theirs so they can see if anyone is getting others dumps. If I recall, there were many many post from members here telling how they marked their coins. So anyone who thinks members here do not mark their coins are kidding themselves as proven this one post alone about a month ago.

I have got some replies in my posts about people telling me they mark their coins so they can move to another order bank if they are getting their own back. If marking coins is a sin among members here, then there is a lot of sinning going on.

I do not mark coins and can't stand when I them. I get dozens in every box.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Who cares..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ I mark coins so I see what the turn around on my dumps are.. I don't mark every coin though.. I however don't see why people paint the rims silver. It doesn't fool me.. the painted silver color still doesn't have the same look as real silver. Marked or not, it doesn't effect anything. You're just mad that you get skunked. If you got a box with marked coins and still got keepers, you wouldn't be complaining.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love marking coins. Have yet to get one back. The only thing is it takes so much time for me to make my mark...

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
It would appear that the Marked Coin Purist Police are back for the umteenth time. Remember folks, we are going through the dregs of the coin world that 99% of the population want nothing to do with. We are miners of a heavy unwanted piece of metal that really doesn't even belong in the system anymore. Best to forget the marks and find the treasure.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50centman said:
It would appear that the Marked Coin Purist Police are back for the umteenth time. Remember folks, we are going through the dregs of the coin world that 99% of the population want nothing to do with. We are miners of a heavy unwanted piece of metal that really doesn't even belong in the system anymore. Best to forget the marks and find the treasure.

Attachments

• popo.jpg
    popo.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 427

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never forget my first encounter with marked half dollars. It was in Las Vegas. I had put a $100 bill in the 50 cent slot machine (years ago) and immediately cashed out to look through them. Nearly every one was marked on the obverse right in the middle with a black magic marker. No silver there either!

Agro

Dec 13, 2010
Cali
i don't understand what all the flap is about either.

i would rather have a box with 1 40%er & 999 marked coins than a skunk with a thousand unmarked clads.

OP
OP
greg0074

greg0074

Jul 22, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Agro said:
i don't understand what all the flap is about either.

i would rather have a box with 1 40%er & 999 marked coins than a skunk with a thousand unmarked clads.

I'm sure your tune would change if all your ordered boxes were marked by the same person and they were all skunks. At least with unmarked coins you have the feeling of being in uncharted territory. Anyways, I didn't start this thread to start a big argument over marking coins I've been doing this long enough to know it happens all the time. Mostly, I was just frustrated with my current streak of skunks. That ended today when I snagged a '64 out of an el marko's box. I'm in KS, so if anything, I've discovered through this post that I'm not the only one seeing them. Numismaniac, seeing that we're probably from around the same area, how are your box averages?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread