Who says 11am is too late to find the cymbals of my desire.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I run my usual route, and after hitting my normal 25 or so sales. I've picked some great picks. The best was the first. I got to fill a box at some construction guys sale and took the box for $40. I got 10 security lights ($32.00 each), a couple of deluxe security lights ($65 each), a medicine cabinet (new in Box, $150). A few other pieces of stuff worth an easy $50. Anyhow, at 11am, I see a sign for a sale around the corner from my house. I decide to make the quick stop. I always like the sales that are off the grid (not on Craigslist). Mostly Garbage, but there is a guy looking at a bunch of Cymbals. He walks off when he is told the price $50 for the lot. I mosey up, Zildjian... as far as the eye can see... ZILDJIAN. Splash, crash, Even a special issue Trash. All shiny and new looking. He quotes $50 for the lot of about 15. I offer him $35, and he jumps on that like a dog. We start chatting. Zildjian sent them to him as samples because is plays professionally, and he writes articles for a magazine. Cool. I take them home, upon closer inspection, most still have the UPC sticker on them. I start looking them up on Amazon. First, a special issue Crash with Junk sounds... USED price $220. Next, special issue crash, 10 inch, $199. I put up about $1000 in Cymbals... Now I just have to sell them. I may move them onto ebay for auction to refill my bank account... some of my best finds are at 6am, and some are at 11.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! You just never know what you'll find or when...

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy shiiiiiimokes!!!! That's a steal! I was a drummer myself and my son is a percussionist and did a minor in music in college so I know a good amount about drums. And that deal is crazy!! Nothing trashy about that. To bad they weren't Sabian though. ( just a little plug for my favorite brand[emoji12]). Great score dejapooh!!!

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I love seeing the Zildjian word out there - It doesn't happen often

I've found some Zildjian before. Once on a kids drum set. The drums were trashed, and garbage, but the Cymbals were clean, bright, and zildjian. I was able to buy JUST the Cymbals for about $10...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread