OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All
Great weekend. The best group of people I could have ever hoped for. Watching everybody enjoy themselves finding treasure is a memory I shall cherish forever. Make no mistake about this, finding treasure is not easy, but these guys all pitched in and worked really hard and the results were excellent - over twentyfive coins and possibly some more in encrusted objects. Joe and Tim on the Rio Bravo run a first class operation and Captain Jerry is a real Pro.

A dream come true.

Thankyou to everyone involved.

Seahunter

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SEAHUNTER said:
Hello All
Great weekend. The best group of people I could have ever hoped for. Watching everybody enjoy themselves finding treasure is a memory I shall cherish forever. Make no mistake about this, finding treasure is not easy, but these guys all pitched in and worked really hard and the results were excellent - over twentyfive coins and possibly some more in encrusted objects. Joe and Tim on the Rio Bravo run a first class operation and Captain Jerry is a real Pro.

A dream come true.

Thankyou to everyone involved.

Seahunter

Thank you for inviting us.......... Definitely a memory to cherish forever and a dream come true...
I also want to thank Joe and his mate Tim (great guys)for having us aboard the Bravo...They were a great Hosts.....

All the best,

Chagy........

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chagy
You are welcome. I enjoyed spending time with you and learning from you about the coins. You are very knowledgeable about the coins, much more than myself. I have your phone number from when you called and left the nice thank you message and with you being so close, when the weather lays down I will call you and you can join Skip and Scotty and myself for some more hunting. Maybe Tom will join us also. I think he is pretty close too. Here are a couple pictures from the weekend.

Attachments

• TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 007.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 007.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,290
  • TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 006.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 006.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,301
  • TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 005.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 005.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,293
  • TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 004.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 004.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,325
  • TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 003.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 003.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,308
  • TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 002.jpg
    TREASURE HUNTING on THE RIO BRAVO 002.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,327

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Wow what a great thread! I am very envious of every ones ability to get there and do some hunting! I'm curious how many items you have found since your permit started and if so do you have more pics or an inventory on another site? I have actually been thinking about getting Scuba lessons and will look into it soon. My background is in the Research/Photography and spent some time in the Navy so I move around a boat well. Looking fowardto more stories from the hunt!
Rob

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SEAHUNTER said:
Chagy
You are welcome. I enjoyed spending time with you and learning from you about the coins. You are very knowledgeable about the coins, much more than myself. I have your phone number from when you called and left the nice thank you message and with you being so close, when the weather lays down I will call you and you can join Skip and Scotty and myself for some more hunting. Maybe Tom will join us also. I think he is pretty close too. Here are a couple pictures from the weekend.

Hey Seahunter,

The Lima mint used the "P" mark from 1568 to 1588 then the "L" from 1659 to 1824....So that eliminates Lima......

This is what I think to the best of my knowledge (I am no expert)
Pillar & Wave- Potosi mint- 1652 to 1679- Assayer "E" Antonio de Erqueta- Ruller CarlosII

All the best,

Chagy...........

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy this is a great thread. Looks like yall are having a great time. I would love to come down and help you. I am not a certified scuba diver but, I would be a good deck hand. Good luck with the hunt.

Leebo

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Diving for treasure would sure be awesome. Never tried that one before, unless you count the many various types of valuable sea shells in Hawaii.

Too bad I can't do any treasure diving, for that matter I really miss SCUBA all the way around.

Good luck,

Rev

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seahunter, I sent you a PM. I am planning on coming to Florida in the next few weeks. Maybe we can arrange something.

Leebo

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Scott requested that I also post this video here.

Well, here it is finally! This is a video taken by me, of Darren, Scott and Brad digging for and finding an 8 reale. I couldn't get it to upload here to TNet so I put it on my web space. This is what it takes sometimes to find that elusive silver or gold. The area we were working in had beach rock that had crevices where the coins would fall down into. Some of them so small, you couldn't get your fingers down in them. Joe and I actually pulled a coin from a crevice no more than 1/2" wide using a nail punch and hammer to break away the rock. Darren started taking the probe down and poking it into these holes because the coil on the detector couldn't get into them. I was working another area nearby and saw them get a hit and decided to film them digging. It turned out to be an excellent find and a very cool video.

Turn your volume up and you can here some underwater sounds.

Check it out!

Robert in SC

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
SEAHUNTER:
Hello!
My "net handle" is "cptbil" !
I am a Full Time TH'er !
With yrs of experience, TH'ing, (made a nice find while living in St. Pete, & then Moved out west)
I have been a diver, Since, Before "US Divers" came to the States !
So!
That'll kind illustrate that I do have a couple of yrs, under the sea(s)!
Have we met before ?
I had an offer of a vessel when I mentioned a LARGE treasure that I know of, just off shore in Fla..
That's, Been a couple of yrs back
Was That person, You ?
But, back to the subject :
Are you still looking to take this project FULL TIME?
AND!
Need FULL TIME management/help/etc ?
Along with all of this Fun Stuff experience..
On the Serious side...
I, have a Master's in Engineering !
A few bucks....
But!
Most important ....
I have UNLIMITED TH'ing Time!
I am presently living on the TEXAS Gulf Coast !
Drop me a line if you'd like to discuss this !
Thanks,
Cptbil n Bugs

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I may have seen that somewhere before Scott, can't place the location though ;) That's a really nice example of a pillar and waves coin. Really cool! Thanks for keeping us updated on the restoration process. It's awesome to see this happen from being a part of the search and then all the way through to preservation. Money can't buy this stuff, at least not in the amounts that I have. :D Thanks again for the opportunity of ELEVEN lifetimes (I was going to say 10, but it was already taken ;) )

Jason

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I think thats one Darren and I found. Man that turned out beautiful.

It will be some time before I top that adventure. I look forward to us all getting together again soon.

Robert in SC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't think it's our coin, Robert. I wish it was - it's beautiful! I'm pretty sure it's Luis' (Chagy's). Ours and his were both found in the last batch (see reply #92 in the live update thread), but ours was more rounded. His was very thick and odd-shaped like this one.

Scott, if Fla gives these back, can we purchase them from you? I'd really love to have my coin and/or the half reale I found with Brad. I know it's more rare, so I'd settle for any coin from this trip that I could purchase :)

Attachments

• chagys coin.jpg
    chagys coin.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,106
OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darren
I am pretty sure I made it clear to everybody that if I get the coins after all three divisions are over I will give everyone the first coins they found. You can count on my word. I really don't care that much about the coins. The treasure for me was and is in living the adventure.
The three divisions:
The state can take up to twenty percent.
The company that holds the lease and the legal representative get fifty five percent of the remainder.
RioBravos company gets fifteen percent.

Seahunter

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
You guys are having way too much fun. I have been following this thread for some time now and I am looking forward to meeting some of you. If any of you plan to be at DEMA in Orlando, please let me know. Would sure like to meet and greet!!
Looking for ward to getting wet again also. Let me know any plans that I can be included in.

DiverLynn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread