SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CanadianTrout
Too funny.
We ended up finding seven coins today and heading in early to do some maintainance work. Going back tomorrow.
Seahunter

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello adelantado

We always welcome visitors on the boat. However we never know whether we can dive until the morning of the day we are going to dive. Because of where we are positioned with the boat a fairly small swell can be to much for us. We generally anchor up the same place the surfers hang out, right where the waves begin to break. At least half the days in the last two weeks were borderline divable. Several of the days we pulled anchors and left because the swells were becoming bigger. Two days we went out and decided it was to rough to anchor up. I know it does not look that rough on the webcam, but you have to realize we are chaining the boat to the bottom with very little slack in the lines. A rogue wave can take a cleat right off and being as close to the beach as we are we can end up on the beach very quickly.
The point to all this is, I have had people come from far away just to be dissappointed because they can't dive. If you are already coming to Florida, definitely get in touch with us and hopefully we can dive.

Seahunter

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we snuck back out between the storms and blew a hole real quick and Mike Wakefield and his brother Steve went down with doug and I and Mike brought up two coins before we had to head back in before the weather could stop us.

dustinjuhasz

Jun 7, 2010
Jupiter Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Great afternoon diving on the SeaHunter!! Scott, Mike and myself had some nice luck on our second to last hole of the day pull out 3 nice coins. 4 in total for the day, only had a pix of the last 3.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 1,032

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Seahunter. I still hope to get down to Jupiter one day. Hopefully soon. Hope you are doing well.

Leebo

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great videos guys. It is kinda funny to hear that one guy saying "its not about the money." Your looking for these coins you know your going to sell most of them if you can. it could make you a millionaire. Im sure these guys didn't put theri hard earned dollars and effort just for adventure..lol

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Lars
That one guy is me and I have sold very few coins. It is just about the adventure. Once you do it you will understand. It is kind of like fishing or hunting. It is the thrill of the hunt. You have to do it to understand.
Seahunter

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
But.........after you find all these coins who is the owner of them . Do the volunteers get payed sometning or is it all done pro-deo ? Cornelius

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They go to the state and when the company gets them back ( about two years later) they divide with the subcontractor(me) of which I get a little more than forty percent and then I usually give people the first one they found and hold the remainder.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seahunter said:
They go to the state and when the company gets them back ( about two years later) they divide with the subcontractor(me) of which I get a little more than forty percent and then I usually give people the first one they found and hold the remainder.
WOW Seahunter that is just incredible. So you allow people to come dive with you on a treasure wreck site for free, something that would cost them anywhere from $55 to over a $100 for just a typical south Florida dive charter and then if they find a coin (worth hundreds of dollars) you end up giving it to them.

Typically I'll tell people about investing is they could spend $55-$100 a day for a dive charter come back with memories and pictures but with investing in a salvage operation they could spend that much and possibly come back with memories, pictures and treasure!!

Yours sounds like a pretty darn good deal!! :wink: :icon_thumright:

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cornelis 816 said:
Hey , don't take my word for it , but think about it . The wrecksites ( and I use the word SITES ) have something in common with the wreck of the Maravilla . The wind at that time was comming from the North while the current still was flowing to the North . The same was happening to another wreck in the area of the ( supposed ) wreck at Jupiter inlet. I don't say that we are talking about the same wreck . I just say there is another wreck in the area . And well to the South East of the ( socalled wreck) in the Jupiter area . The other wrecksite was in deeper water ( 6 fathoms ) to the South East of the known wreck . While sailing along this ship was caught in a storm blowing her to the coast of Florida in a direction to the North West . Hitting undeep water her sterncastle broke away . This sterncastle sank in water about 6 fathoms . Mostlikely on the outside edge of a underwater reef or sand bank . Now.... when the wind still had influence on the hull , which still had the sails on some of their spars , the hull was blown toward the Jupiter inlet . There was no action on the sterncastle by the wind because the sterncastle did not cary any more sails . The current may have moved the sterncastle a bit but this should not be too much . Maybe Dell Winders is not too far of the truth . Cornelius

Corny,

Are you referring to the “SAN FRANCISCO Y SAN ANTONIO” ?

cornelis 816

Sep 3, 2010
Chagy , I cannot put a name on a ship . Nor can anybody else . I just know after research that there is more than one wreck in the area . Another thing I want to remark is that it is a sharp move from an operator to get people to work for him for one reason . That reason is that a lot of guys are so charmed by the idea of diving on a wreck ( which wreck ? ) that they volunteer their labour for free . Getting paid by one coin ? Come-on this is rediculous ! But as long as a guy can get away with it , more power to him . Salvage is hard work , as I well know . Cornelius

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornelius must be right.

So as to not take advantage of anyone ever again we will discontinue our open invitation to people to come dive with us.

Sincerely
Seahunter

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cornelis 816 said:
Chagy , I cannot put a name on a ship . Nor can anybody else . I just know after research that there is more than one wreck in the area . Another thing I want to remark is that it is a sharp move from an operator to get people to work for him for one reason . That reason is that a lot of guys are so charmed by the idea of diving on a wreck ( which wreck ? ) that they volunteer their labour for free . Getting paid by one coin ? Come-on this is rediculous ! But as long as a guy can get away with it , more power to him . Salvage is hard work , as I well know . Cornelius

Is it really?
You should read my post above and I'll also add, how many other professional salvage operations allow ANYONE to participate in diving and recovery on a known shipwreck for FREE? Then the operator is also willing to give them a coin if they find one.

ONE comes to mind- Seahunter

You should also learn the definition of volunteer – free labor

Here’s a hint- volunteers and free laborers don’t get paid…

The coin isn’t pay it’s a token from Seahunter to another human being that shares the same passion of hunting for treasure.

How many people that get charmed with the idea of finding treasure spends thousands, tens of thousands or even millions of dollars to invest/participate? What is a option for someone that doesn’t have those kind of funds to participate?

The only thing invited guests pay for when taking up Seahunter on his offer is their travel and maybe lunch?

Like my above post, call a south Florida dive charter and ask them if you can go out on their boat for a free dive. Let me know how many tell you yes.

What's your reply to Seahunter next? That he’s canceling the open diver invitation because he knows they’re going to hit a pile and doesn’t want to give out more coins?

Really Corny of all your crotchety posts this one takes the cake… I ignored the others...

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I see it as an adventure and for most people, the experience of a lifetime. Very few of us will ever have an opportunity to even dive for treasure...much less make a living or a career out of salvaging a long lost shipwreck. But the opportunity to just get a taste of it is fantastic in and of itself. I applaud Seahunter and his generous spirit and I hope to someday come and taste the adventure!

That is...if he continues his generosity... :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions