ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If the water has been anything like it was where we were today, I bet Greg has been out working. :D We are 15 miles offshore in the pics!

Jason

DSCN4810_web.jpg

DSCN4804_web.jpg

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
Jason, what ya doing so far off the coast in the slick calm? fishing maybe? b :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see one of those BIG down rigger reels on the deck.Must have some bait out called towfish.I hear the large sharks out there eat them quite often.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep, just trying out some new lures. :-X

:icon_pirat:

Attachments

• lures.jpg
    lures.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,968

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
This has got to be the best thing I have ever heard of! I love going to the beach and I enjoy my land hunting but my heart has always been undersea. I grew up in Miami and was a part-time fish! Greg, you are my favorite person in the world right now. I am going to prepare and will be seeing you in the future, possibly next year. I'm stuck in NJ right now, hey the job is real good to me but I have been hatching a plan for awhile now. I am glad to hear about the State being fair about keeping recoveries. I have my heart set on one coin, just one to hold and say I found this piece of history. I like coins alot, jewelry not so much. My point is I'm not a money hungry greedy person, life is too short and after my mother died recently, it turns out you can't take any of it with you.
Anyway, enough adulation. I think your statement that you just wanted to give normal people a chance for adventure is the most human thing I have heard in awhile.
Thank you,
Chase

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Ok... Greg, I just checked out your site... and I'm completey intrigued and your website is too Kewl. . I think I wanna be a 1715 treasure diver one of these days. Will ya let me join you tough guys?

Apolla :icon_pirat:

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Where do you work out of? Do you ever dive in the Caribbean? West Indies? I enjoyed your website.
GH

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I have worked in the Bahamas, Antigua, Barbuda and Key West, all with much success but I am happiest at home working the 1715 wrecks that are in my backyard.

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Greg...... Looks like "MadMike" is up for a treasure dive too. Sign him up...he'll come along with me! LOL! So, since I'm a novice here...(and I read your website and got the PM) I recall reading that the best time for treasure hunting is June thru Sept right? I am booked to capacity with activities till end of Sept. If the waters are calm enough can/do you take people like me "Out of Season" or do you head to the keys for the winter? I'm trying to be proactive and plan a trip to come with ya in the future. I really want to go.

Look....I'm coming out of my shell here.... (my second post in over a year...who the heck made up that "tenderfoot" stigma anyway!) LOL!
Apolla :wav:

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
Well the weather has been bad as far as vis goes.... I have been doing some magging when the swells were small. As for the web site update..... Curt Bowen ADM publisher updates and runs my site and he has been down in Guatemala diving in a volcano and will not be back until Aug. We have brought in some interesting things lately though.... I will update again soon. Thanks for the inquiry.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
great big thanks Greg! i think i will give u some gas money soon! how much heads up do you need for a visitor diver? thank you for your time! b

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Well, I had the opportunity to dive with Greg and the GoldHound Crew this week. Thanks Greg, Tony, Chas, and Jeff! I had a great time. The weather was great and seas perfect and it couldn't have been a better trip.

If you guys ever get the chance to go out with the GoldHound crew, it is worth every penny!

These guys work fast and hard and we blew 40 holes in one day! Now, that's humpin' it! I had to eat my lunch on the ladder and 5 minutes later I was back down looking for Gold! Hey, what ever happened to the rule, something to do with waiting 30 minutes after eating and not going in the water? ;D ;D

Greg really knows how to work a site and do it efficiently and effectively! If Bob Weller was considered the professor of the History of the 1715 fleet, these guys will teach you how to salvage the Treasure that Bob left behind! Absolutely amazing to see them work.

If you have ever wanted to Dive for Treasure, or want to learn what it takes to run a salvage crew, these guys are the best!

Greg, thanks again and I will talk with you soon!

Robert Gecy

I will post a couple picts when I get home later tonight!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds like you had fun Robert! Not only can Greg blow holes efficiently, but he's a damn good survey tech too. We had him down to assist in a sonar/mag survey and he was a huge asset. You guys don't give him too much money...I want him back here in the Dominican Republic before long. :-)

Apolla

Mar 12, 2007
Gwynns island , va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Captain Greg Bounds and Crew welcomed Robert Gecy on the "Goldhound" this week in their quest for 1715 Treasure. Great to have you onboard Robert! Glad you had a exciting experience. Come back soon and help us look for the "Motherload"! Here is the link to the Goldhound website where I posted a slideshow with pics of Roberts "Diver for the Day" experience. :icon_pirat:

http://www.goldhoundtreasuredivers.com/CAPTLOGPG1.html

Apolla

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
MY Greatest Treasure 5.11.2009!!!!

Her Name is "Sienna Drue"

Thanks for all the support on T-Net....

Attachments

• GREG & SIENNA.jpg