Who wants to hunt a CW site?

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
I got permission to hunt a piece of property that will HAVE to have CW relics on it. It's not far frm the Manassas CW battlefield park. Property manager even told me where they have found stuff in the past while doing work on the property. Specifically I got permission to bring boy scouts and cub scouts out to hunt the property. Now I am looking for detectors and people to show the kids how to use them. Hunt won't be until fall. If you're interested, post to this thread and I'll contact you once the date has been set. Looking for 5-10 people with detectors willing to let the kids use their detector while they supervise/teach. Since this is a scout function, please let me know if you have any scout experience.

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
let me know have a couple of extra detectors to I can let the kids use....if I can make it I will be more than happy to help out the kids....I am an ex scout, too.

Vrent

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds fun I have an exta detector and live in salisbury md so its not to far away. Never was a scout but my club hear on the easternshore the shore seekers use a scout club house for our meetings so it would be like giving back a little and maybe find some good relics.

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in, I was a former cub scout and boy scout when I was younger.

Cheers,

XterraDon

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sound's like a good deal Huntr1...count me in.I was a Boy Scout back in the 70's :o :thumbsup: I'd be glad to come down and help out.I lived there for 39 year's and still work in Rockville so Maryland is no stranger to me.The way gas is now we put the house up for sale and are planning to move back a little closer to work.Really sound's like a good thing for the scout's,I could bring some CW relic's down for a little History lesson as well,give me a shout if this event is still on.Thank's....Joe

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
Put my name on the list. Right now I have 2 extra XLT's in addition to my DFX. I work on the Western end of PW County(fairly close to the battlefield) and I know the area fairly well. I was in the scouts a VERY long time ago, then switched to 4-H clubs. I would be willing to help out. With my schedule I would also be avaliable during the week if needed.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Hey this sounds like a great idea. I grew up in the scouts. While in the military I also was an archery instructor for the cubs. I have a couple of detectors. One is a Garrett's Treasure Ace 300. It is very simple to use and I taught my boys (now 11 years old) how to use it in just a few short minutes. I live only a couple of hours away and would really enjoy spending some time with great kids and passing along a great hobby. Thanks for the invite. Just let me know the details. Thanks again.

Gary

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huntr1 said:
I got permission to hunt a piece of property that will HAVE to have CW relics on it. It's not far frm the Manassas CW battlefield park. Property manager even told me where they have found stuff in the past while doing work on the property. Specifically I got permission to bring boy scouts and cub scouts out to hunt the property. Now I am looking for detectors and people to show the kids how to use them. Hunt won't be until fall. If you're interested, post to this thread and I'll contact you once the date has been set. Looking for 5-10 people with detectors willing to let the kids use their detector while they supervise/teach. Since this is a scout function, please let me know if you have any scout experience.
This is a good way to get get others interested in our hobby....417 Relic Hunters Club here in Springfield Mo....is wading through the red tape on trying to get a Metal Deteting merit badge authorized....I will keep you posted on our progress....Steve

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would love to help out I was a scout many years ago and still have good memories too. I live in Front Royal so I'm not far from there.
Just let me know.

Bill

AmyC

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
TDI & MXT
I would love to help the Boy Scouts! I was a Girl Scout, does that count? I have a White's XLT that the kids can use! Thanks, Amy

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
I was a Boy Scout for a very brief stint. I could probably help, If I'm not busy. I live in Mount Airy. Look me up when the time comes. THX

Xraylady

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Hi, I would love to help! I don't have vast experience, but I sure could share my knowledge and equipment. I have an older whites, but I am sure I could get another one to bring too. I am a cubmaster of a Pack here in NY. Just let me know and I can make arrangements.

Michele

Xraylady

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Hi..an update.. I have an older whites(quantum II), but I just got a brand new DFX (wooot). I can borrow a whites MX also if you need. Just let me know

Michele

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Not to get too carried away, but this sounds like it will be an all day event. Has anyone thought about doing lunch? Well, if I may, I have a grill I could bring along and we could do Hot Dogs and Hamburgers with all the scouts. How does that sound to everyone?

Gary

rovnrbl

May 26, 2003
Sounds like you have more than enough folks to cover you...if not I have a couple extra machines that would probably work well with the scouts. I live in NVA not too far from Manassas and did some of the scouting thing long ago....free time, much tougher to come by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread