Who was MDing Hampton Beach, NH Monday July 3rd?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Who was MD'ing Hampton Beach, NH Monday July 3rd?

Greetings Aaron, I wasn't there July 3rd, but I have been there several times over the last 3 weeks (in fact I was just there early in the morning July 5th). I've run across anywhere from 3-10 other guys out there metal detecting. I've only hit on one 10K gold class ring which I was able to return - the rest has all been clad but lots of it!

I'm just learning how to hunt ocean beaches and each time I got I learn something else (like how fricking annoying sand fleas can be at 5:00am!!!!).

I use a Fisher CZ20 and am anxiously looking forward to spending more time out there and finding the gold and silver jewelry that HAS to be hiding in the surf!!!

Good luck and happy hunting - perhaps our paths will cross.

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others

That is too bad that you have only found some clads, and one gold ring cubfan64. I have never hunted a well populated beach and was considering a trip down there later this summer for a weekend. I am kinda discouraged now :)
I guess if I do I will have to hit the surf hard and hope for the best. I have never hunted salt water, but I'll give it a shot.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KinjoVT said:
That is too bad that you have only found some clads, and one gold ring cubfan64. I have never hunted a well populated beach and was considering a trip down there later this summer for a weekend. I am kinda discouraged now :)
I guess if I do I will have to hit the surf hard and hope for the best. I have never hunted salt water, but I'll give it a shot.

On the contrary - don't be at all discouraged!!! I never hunted ocean beaches until I tried Hampton Beach and I've only been there 3-4 times total and like I said, I'm learning lots and lots of new things each time I go.

In all the time I've been there I have NEVER seen anyone hunting IN the water at all (in fact I would say 80%+ of the guys I see are up in the dry sand - whether because of their detectors or because of lack of knowledge). I am ABSOLUTELTY CONFIDENT that there are many gold and silver jewelry items out there - I just need to learn more about tides, how wind affects sand build-up and break-down etc... Each time I go I realize there's more and more to learn about how and where to hunt! The only thing I wish is that I had an "old timer" expert (at least in experience not necessarily age) to point things out to me - I learn much better from experience rather than reading.

I tend to be a pessimist by nature, so when you hear me sounding excited and optimistic about something, you can bet I have a reason - that beach has to PROVE to me that it has little to find and with the # of people I see there swimming, I'm truly positive there's lots of good stuff to be found!

That said - don't you come down here from Vermont and steal all my stuff before I can figure out how to find it myself!!!

I'm excited to get out there shortly after a storm!!

Keep in touch!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
I'll become a Hampton Beach regular this Sept/Oct

I'm relocating to New Hampshire this sept/oct and I mapquest the distance to Hampton Beach often while house hunting.

Charles

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'll become a Hampton Beach regular this Sept/Oct

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
I'm relocating to New Hampshire this sept/oct and I mapquest the distance to Hampton Beach often while house hunting.

Charles

LOL - I'm about 45 minutes away (pretty much due west). It's a really nice easy drive for me and I actually enjoy it early in the morning before the sun comes up - roll down the windows and get that fresh cool air :).

Once you get out here, give me a heads up and perhaps we can meet up sometime out there. By the way, I was out there this past weekend and found a bunch of change again as well as 2 rings (one silver with a turquoise stone) and as I was losing steam I started watching the other guys out there detecting (probably 4-6 of them). All but 1 were hunting between the high tide mark and the parking lot (it seems that most hunt those areas and probably find mostly newly dropped clad). Two of them are regulars I've seen before - one was swinging his detector at 100 mph and moving almost as if he was just out for exercise and the other was swinging it only a little slower but had the coil at least 8 inches above the ground on the downswing and was doing the pendulum swing so it had to be over 18 inches on the upside. Only 1 guy was moving slowly and seemed to really have an eye on what he was doing - the rest I'm positive I could follow and pick up coins one after another (in fact I did with 2 of them after they left).

I'm still really trying to get the hang of beach hunting down in the area between high and low tides - I think I might head out there one afternoon just to go swimming for awhile and watch the people as well as get out there in the water and see what's happening on the bottom and try to figure out if I can pick out low spots and identify how to spot them.

Oh well, enough rambling - good luck on your move this fall and happy hunting

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

Heh...if you were 45 min. due East of the beach I would begin to wonder about you..
;)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MalteseFalcon said:
Heh...if you were 45 min. due East of the beach I would begin to wonder about you..
;)

Hehe - I guess that was a bit redundant eh? :P

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505

Hey there,
I have considered hitting Hampton beach, but have yet to do it. I figured that it's probably pretty well covered, and tend to prefer to hunt in less populated areas (while I'm searching, that is...) ;D
I went to a beach in York, ME not too long ago, but it was still pretty cold, and I about froze my backside off. Didn't find a thing, either.
Although I want to try a beach, I think I prefer historical sites at this point.
Maybe we can all plan to meet at Hampton sometime and give it a go together. The Tuesday after Labor day perhaps?? ;D
~Ceejay

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ceejay64 said:
Hey there,
I have considered hitting Hampton beach, but have yet to do it. I figured that it's probably pretty well covered, and tend to prefer to hunt in less populated areas (while I'm searching, that is...) ;D
I went to a beach in York, ME not too long ago, but it was still pretty cold, and I about froze my backside off. Didn't find a thing, either.
Although I want to try a beach, I think I prefer historical sites at this point.
Maybe we can all plan to meet at Hampton sometime and give it a go together. The Tuesday after Labor day perhaps?? ;D
~Ceejay

I drove up to York beach a couple weeks back just to see where it is but never did any detecting. I prefer hunting when there aren't many people around as well so actually I've hit Hampton beach at some odd times (like 11pm-7am). I've found lots and lots of clad change and am just starting to find a little jewelry - I'm convinced it's all there, it's just a matter of finding it.

Stay in touch if you would like - my brother is coming to visit the Wednesday after Labor Day, but I'm free on Tuesday and am considering taking that whole week off work anyways.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread