WHOA. First Time Posting, but I feel like an old friend!

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
mkulltra the only reason I have the Rolex is because my mother gave me a Boluva Acutron for Christmas of 1970. It was a dress watch and I was climbing towers at the time. I told my mom that I would tear the watch up in the first week. She told me to take it back and get what I wanted, so I brought it back and told the sales person that I wanted the toughest watch they had and he handed me the Submariner and said it would be $60 more.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Bet you wish you would have bought ten more and kept them NIB. I have bought and sold the the Yachtmaster, the Submariner, and the Daytona. Each time I flipped them, I made about $1000-$1500. This was on ebay about 10 years ago when using different color text was as fancy as you could go on listings. That is how I ending up with the Patek and have kept it ever since because it was my favorite. One of my other favorite watches was a Seiko. It was one of their high end watches in two tone. Cost about $700 but it really was beautiful. I worked in a watch and fine jewelry department at the time and the Invicta watches were just taking off.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And OP, even if it is fake(or you can't guarantee the Rolex's authenticity)...simply list it on eBay and say that you bought it at an Estate sale and take a lot of pics and explain that bidders should buy it because "it is a nice watch" and not because its a Rolex. I bought a jar of jewelry from Goodwill Saturday for $51.00. I sold the very nice(but not real I'm sure) Rolex Yachtmaster for $250 BIN on eBay within 12 hours of listing it. Also got an IWC Automatic listed with same info. 30 watchers and it ends tomorrow. Up to $99.00 already.

seeker46

Greenie
May 27, 2015
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
A/T Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take the watch to a local Rolex dealer. If it is authentic, there will be a serial number behind one end where the band attaches to the body of the watch. (You normally can't see the number unless you remove the band). Assuming it is a Rolex, you could ask the dealer for an estimate of its worth. Also, Rolex has a web site where you can key in the serial number and see whether a former owner registered the watch. Good luck. Great finds!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
INNNNNNNNNNN credible!!

Congratufreakin' lations.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. I would love to see the value of all this combined. The watch looks so similar to my grandpas and he sold it used for 8500$ lets hope you have a true RARE gem!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread