Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's Got the Button Book?

I went out to play today. Ended up just looking in the woods..

::) (Shannon wanted me to save the good spot for her tomorrow) ::)

Anyhow I found three buttons and a cute little do-lolly with flowers and the normal farm stuff.

One of the buttons has Carhartts and then the other Volunteer Mfg. Co. Tennessee (second one I found there) and then the other I don't know.

Oh...and I found a dog collar with the owners name on it. I called my friends that own this property and they said that they knew the person but he had passed away years ago....... but that his wife was still living (she's 87). They had beagles and it belonged to one of them. I am excited about giving it to her!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 0124finds.JPG
    0124finds.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 0124finds2.JPG
    0124finds2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Re: Who's Got the Button Book?

Hey Nana!
Looks to me like you had a good time. It was nice here today but I was tied up for the 3rd nice day in a row. Glad yo got out there & can't wait to see what you & Shannon turn up.
Spotz

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

I don't have the button book, but those are some nice finds! You should clean up all these relics and put them in cases or boxes ;) Who knows, could find another set of handcuffs or something :) Good Luck tomarow at the good spot!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Sorry, no button books here either...
That haul there looks like one of my hunts from the cache site.
That's a lot of weight to carry around with ya...;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Nana, If The Buttons Were Military I Might Be Able To Help You Out, But Civilian Buttons I just don't have that much Info on them. Sorry. Best of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt Nana! That lower left thing in the button pic is a control valve for the old style spouts that were pounded into the side of a wooden barrel. Neat find and HH, Mike

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Nana,

nice group of artifacts, looks like you did a bunch of digging.

have a good un.........

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice hunt Nana!? That lower left thing in the button pic is a control valve for the old style spouts that were pounded into the side of a wooden barrel.? Neat find and HH, Mike

Really!? Wow! Hubby said he thought it was some sort of valve....but I never thought of that! Wow....Thanks! It looks like it has some writing on the back.....I need to see what it says!

Leon.....I always have the pockets full of stuff after hunting! I hate to discard anything...you never know what it might be!

I don't know if the Tennesse company is still in operation but the Carhartts is....
Thanks yall!

;)

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.

Looks like some great finds. Good luck with the buttons. Kinda like me, hate to discard anything cause you never know. Congrats on all your finds and good luck with Shannon next time out.

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread