Why C2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Silver

To whom? The thread hopping stalker?
It would be nice if you actually offered something of substance to this discussion as others have.

Do you mean the others you use to put down before you started on me?

Really, ECS, what do you think you've contributed to the Beale mystery?

O

Old Silver

It would be nice if you actually offered something of substance to this discussion as others have.

I'm trying to offer something of substance to this discussion. If I could get you to show substantive evidence for your statements, I would feel that I have contributed to the enlightenment on the Beale mystery that you claim to have solved. Sadly, your solution seems to be privileged information.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What others? I reckon the game is worth the candle, so play it to the end, Name the others and explain how I have put you down.
AS for the Beale mystery, I have provided volumes of information along with Franklin, Rebel-KGC, Bigscoop, and Tat when he was active on these threads. Sometimes we agree on our research, sometimes we don't, but we all get along with each other.
So name names. You have made this claim. Back it up with, as you are so fond of saying, proof.

O

Old Silver

What others? I reckon the game is worth the candle, so play it to the end, Name the others and explain how I have put you down.
AS for the Beale mystery, I have provided volumes of information along with Franklin, Rebel-KGC, Bigscoop, and Tat when he was active on these threads. Sometimes we agree on our research, sometimes we don't, but we all get along with each other.
So name names. You have made this claim. Back it up with, as you are so fond of saying, proof.

Once again you are asking me about something that YOU stated. If you don't know who THE OTHERS are that you mentioned, then how will I ever explain it to you?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again you are asking me about something that YOU stated. If you don't know who THE OTHERS are that you mentioned, then how will I ever explain it to you?
You can't name others, can you, nor can you say how I put you down.
I am very tired of you endless, unfounded accusations.

O

Old Silver

You can't name others, can you, nor can you say how I put you down.
I am very tired of you endless, unfounded accusations.

You don't know the others you were referring to? I know the ones I'm talking about, and all anyone has to do is go look at the threads and see all the posters you have come against. But now that you have me, you pretend to side with some of them. But I have a feeling they're smarter than you seem to think.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't know the others you were referring to? I know the ones I'm talking about, and all anyone has to do is go look at the threads and see all the posters you have come against. But now that you have me, you pretend to side with some of them. But I have a feeling they're smarter than you seem to think.
Well, what is stopping you from naming them? You have made this bold statement, follow through.

O

Old Silver

Well, what is stopping you from naming them? You have made this bold statement, follow through.

I stated that all anyone has to do is go look at the threads. I stand by that statement. The threads will either proof me right, or prove me wrong. They are here to read.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the bickering now..

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I stated that all anyone has to do is go look at the threads. I stand by that statement. The threads will either proof me right, or prove me wrong. They are here to read.

He can not prove you wrong, people that stand on a existing document as others just manufacture proof against that document to win an argument to make them feel better about themselves . I have been posting documents here for more than a year and all I get back is negativity .

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
1817-1822, so no, 1827 is not the Beale period. In fact, many-many things started to change after 1821 in that region of the country as those borders were now clearly detailed and confirmed and western expansion was starting to be further debated, frequently encouraged, and challenged. So I just don't think those years after 1821 can be compared to those years prior.

We see in the Papers that it was 1820 that Morriss fist seen Beale . St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822 seems to be the last reference date with 1817 being the first point of origination . I can see how 1827 could be a factor in the research of this topic for we don't have a year that the Beale party was no more with the living . The fact that 1832 was the years Beale said if he or no one had contacted Morriss for the box is a major factor that 1827 is relevant . 1829 Celeste Beale was sure Captain Beale was not coming home and started his probate in Jefferson Parish with no proof of his death .

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We see in the Papers that it was 1820 that Morriss fist seen Beale . St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822 seems to be the last reference date with 1817 being the first point of origination . I can see how 1827 could be a factor in the research of this topic for we don't have a year that the Beale party was no more with the living . The fact that 1832 was the years Beale said if he or no one had contacted Morriss for the box is a major factor that 1827 is relevant . 1829 Celeste Beale was sure Captain Beale was not coming home and started his probate in Jefferson Parish with no proof of his death .

:laughing7:.....wow. This summation is perfect example of the manufacturing process.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This is still "many years" past the alleged Beale adventure.
YEP! ONLY "time" of REAL mining operations... BTW; John was 31, when he died (YOB - 1849; DOD- 3/23/1882); left behind his wife, Jeanie... and son, "JP" Risque, Jr. (age 2 months and born in New Mexico).

O

Old Silver

:laughing7:.....wow. This summation is perfect example of the manufacturing process.

How is that manufacturing? Beale disappeared sometime between 1822 and 1832, that being the target date he set for something bad to have happened to them. 1827 is exactly in the middle of those dates. But the article didn't say the mine was worked in 1827, it says it was worked in 1823. 1827 was the date of the expedition to find said mine, which James Cockrell had told them about.

O

Old Silver

He can not prove you wrong, people that stand on a existing document as others just manufacture proof against that document to win an argument to make them feel better about themselves . I have been posting documents here for more than a year and all I get back is negativity .

If he can show proof of the theory, then I'll believe it. So far, all that has been shown is maybe for any theory.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is that manufacturing? Beale disappeared sometime between 1822 and 1832, that being the target date he set for something bad to have happened to them. 1827 is exactly in the middle of those dates. But the article didn't say the mine was worked in 1827, it says it was worked in 1823. 1827 was the date of the expedition to find said mine, which James Cockrell had told them about.

"The first deposit consisted of one thousand and fourteen pounds of gold, and three thousand eight hundred and twelve pounds of silver, deposited November, 1819. The second was made December, 1821, and consisted of nineteen hundred and seven pounds of gold, and twelve hundred and eighty-eight pounds of silver; also jewels, obtained in St. Louis in exchange for silver to save transportation, and valued at $13,000."

So how does 1823 figure into the above dates? The entire political landscape changed in the west in 1821. So how does 1823 have anything to do with events that took place in 1817,1818,1819,1820,1821? Is the name Thomas Beale referenced in these later events of 1823 and 1827?

O

Old Silver

"The first deposit consisted of one thousand and fourteen pounds of gold, and three thousand eight hundred and twelve pounds of silver, deposited November, 1819. The second was made December, 1821, and consisted of nineteen hundred and seven pounds of gold, and twelve hundred and eighty-eight pounds of silver; also jewels, obtained in St. Louis in exchange for silver to save transportation, and valued at $13,000."

So how does 1823 figure into the above dates? The entire political landscape changed in the west in 1821. So how does 1823 have anything to do with events that took place in 1817,1818,1819,1820,1821? Is the name Thomas Beale referenced in these later events of 1823 and 1827?

If you'll remember, the Beale party was to return to the mines after 1822.
The article says the mine had been worked in 1823, by Cockrell. The question is, had it been worked by Cockrell, or did Cockrell find out about a party of men having found silver, and followed them to it's location? Beale said someone had found out. In any case, it shows that there was a mine worked for silver, as early as 1823, in the general area of the Beale story.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'll remember, the Beale party was to return to the mines after 1822.
The article says the mine had been worked in 1823, by Cockrell. The question is, had it been worked by Cockrell, or did Cockrell find out about a party of men having found silver, and followed them to it's location? Beale said someone had found out. In any case, it shows that there was a mine worked for silver, as early as 1823, in the general area of the Beale story.

Beale never says that anyone found about their alleged mine. He only questions if someone might pose as an imposter at some later date. Up to this point his alleged letters never say that anyone else other then the alleged party members, an alleged person in St. Louis, and Morriss knew about the alleged mine. The fact that Cockrell worked the mine in 1823 and didn't encounter the Beale party then, or get rich from his efforts, says quite a bit, I think. And I'm fairly sure that had Cockrell's mining effort produced much at all worth the effort then he would have probably gone back himself to get more. And remember, none of this is coming directly from Cockrell himself so here again it's all secondhand information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread