Why do I need two 9Volt batteries in my Fisher 1236x2 when one seems enough.

Tommygunn

Apr 21, 2008
Misano Adriatico, Italy
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236X2
Hi all,
I just tried one 9V battery in each compartment, in turn, in my Fisher 1236x2, and it appears to work perfectly okay.
Has anyone tried this long term to see if two 9V batteries are actually necessary for normal performance?

Would it actually be a case of the usable longevity being halved because I'm using one less battery?

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Guess why shoes are sold in pairs. The maker designed the machine that way for a reason, why try to out guess them?
Have fun and good luck.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommygunn said:
I tried it because I can :wink:. It appears to work in the short term so why not query it?

The engineer designed it that way because HE can. Now, why 2 instead of 1, I believe is because they are hooked up in parallel to give a longer cycle of use. They give a long lived source of current.

Now, MY question is, "Why is water wet?" :icon_scratch:

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Because the machine only uses 7 or so volts to operate, after that the performance stars to tail off. The set-up uses 18 volts with a voltage regulator that regulates the voltage to the 7 volt that is needed. See, that was easy. Anymore questions?

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOH OOOOH Professor Ant, I have a question!

How do I make the preset ground balance on the 1236-X2 into a manual GB?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread