Why do you CRH.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know with the way the economy is, some people might be doing this just to try and make ends meet. Others simply enjoy the hobby while others are hooked on the silver bug and what the future might hold.

My question is quite simple, why do you CRH?

Let me start.

1) I get a rush out of opening the $500 box and looking for enders. I even scolded my oldest son when he reached in and grabbed a handful that I hadn't check yet for enders. :laughing9:

2) It is kind of like Christmas for me each week. As you unwrap each roll you are never sure what you are getting. When
you do get some silver it is quite a rush.

3) It is a hobby that virtually cost nothing to do, I keep a stash of .50 at home to replace those that I find in the roll that
are silvers. That way, in my mind at least, it has cost me nothing but time.

4) The other side of this is not necessarily the monetary value of what you find, don't get me wrong, it is nice but I enjoy finding other types of foreign coins in the mix and marked up Halves. Some are quite elegant and others are quite
artistic in their own right. The most amazing one I found was the gold Kennedy's that had other dates stamped in them. They celebrated the birth and death of JFK and people paid upwards of 29.95 for each one, I have found at least 25 of them over
the past six months. Hell I even gave one to the teller at my dump bank as a present, she went absolutely gaga over it after I explained where it came from.. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Ivan
It really is neat because you can roll hunt when you want, as much as you want. The only cost is the gas you put in your car. This year for me, I'd be way up in terms of silver found over gas spent. Even though it's not like I'd be even coming close to being able to support myself by roll hunting, it is potentially a decent amount of extra cash.
People always bring up "what about the time it took??" it's not like working, or something I hate doing. So the time I put into it, I actually enjoy. The time doesn't even matter, it's my time to do what I want, I chose to roll hunt. Hows that different from me choosing to go golfing, or watching tv?? If I can get a little extra cash out of something I like doing, then it's that much better. It's like a little treasure hunt to me every time I go out searching.

It will be a downer if we do start getting taxed to sell silver, but what can you do?? Government has their hand in everything, that's just how it is. If I can sell less than a $600 profit every year from silver and avoid those taxes, than I will just try to do that. It's still extra money.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I like visiting some of the finest women from all walks of life on many of my cold calling road trips. What a variety of gorgeous women out there working as tellers.

For you shy single guys still trying to work up the nerve to meet and talk to women, this is a great source to hone your silver tongue..... Also desensitizes you for rejection. Think of this process of asking for coins as the same process of asking for a dance or a number. very similar similar.

And speaking of silver, well, that's my primary reason.

Mojo

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do I CRH? Cause I am a greedy SOB who wants to strip away any wealth from the government at the taxpayers expense. And oh yea, to find cool coins for my collection.

silvernickles

Jul 18, 2010
Michigan
I hunt for the silver of course.
However, I also enjoy the history behind the coins. There is something special when you find a walking liberty half dollar. They made beautiful coins back then.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Treasure,the open road, meeting lots of nice people and that it only costs me gas and my time. Most of all, the thrill of the unknown.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I stopped road trips in October of 2009, and concentrated on half dollar boxes and dimes occasionally.
I spend 4-8 hours per week on boxes and dumping, and average about 52 ounces of silver recovered each month.
I'm retired,and this is my part time job. I'm the boss. I make my own hours,and get paid in REAL money.
Like any job,I'm not thrilled by it,but I am very pleased to be payed in real money,something that I have not experienced since I was 17 years old.
Finding silver does not really give me a jolt anymore,just a mild feeling of satisfaction. The thrill is gone after 2 years. Long gone is the worry of losing dump banks, or the banks refusing to sell me coin. When that time comes,which it will,the game is over,and I could care less.
Where I do get a thrill is reading the great finds here that other CRHunters get. It's like finding treasure myself without doing anything. :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
AGCoinHunter said:
Why do I CRH? Cause I am a greedy SOB who wants to strip away any wealth from the government at the taxpayers expense. And oh yea, to find cool coins for my collection.

You just made me laugh so hard AG!! :laughing9:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
AGCoinHunter said:

Don't you mean at the banks expense? LOL

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Don't you mean at the banks expense? LOL

Nope, taxpayers. Banks dont lose money on me taking silver out of circulation.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Without the political spin or discussion, I started only because our goverment has accelerated the process to screw middle class americans to a speed i have never seen or heard of in my life.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I love silver and it makes me feel as though I am investing in something worthwhile. I don't know if I am saving just in case the economy goes to shambles or to add to my retirement plan or to pay off my house. We will see. Lets just hope it goes up and up and up. 100/ounce or bust baby!!!

Golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread