Why do you look for silver?

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Also, I'd like to add, it's kind of like playing one of those lottery scratcher tickets. Some tickets give you a free play. You have a chance to make a few bucks, sometimes a hundred bucks or more.

With CRHing, if you don't win, take it to your dump bank and try again! Rinse and repeat.

LOL! This thought occurred to me last week with all the Mega Millions mania. CRH is like gambling with no risk. If you don't win, you can just go get your money back.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do it because its fun, costs me nothing, and has a definite monetary return. Also my kids love it now so it's something we can all do together. The only expense is maybe a little extra in gas, but I have all my pick-up and drop off banks along my daily drive. Unless the price of silver really goes up I don't see a retirement out of this, at least with the numbers I do, but it will help me pay for other toys.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

baltax

Mar 9, 2011
I have been going through coins.for a long time it used to ne just for the history of coins, then it was for some extra cash to blow
Now I'm in the next chapter of my life I'm expecting my first child every bit of silver I find from now till my kid turns 18 will ne saved I find about an ounce a week hunting plus I.plan on actually buying.one once.every two weeks for my kid as long as silver doesn't sky rocket more than $50 an ounce. If it goes up it might be a half ounce.every two weeks.
When.my.kid turns 18 or graduates highschool which ever comes.first ill have
Found 1oz/week X 52 weeks X 18yr= 516 oz
And baught 268 ounces
Total of 784 oz of silver I would say that will be one Hell of a present
I guess silver will taper off and i wont find am once every week for 18yrs but that is my goal
Just think if silver stays at todays market price $32ish X 784 = $25,088
And thats with no.dives because if silver dives i will purchase more every two weeks

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am thinking of taking my 40% kennedy halfs and selling or bartering them to a coin shop for as many one ounce rounds of silver as i can get. i intend to keep all my 90% coins. i purchased 80 oz. of silver when it was 5 dollars an oz. it is an excellent investment.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My personal opinion of course, Silver takes up A LOT of space. Investing in roughly an ounce of silver every 2 weeks can take up so much room. 1 ounce of gold will be equivallent to the same amount of money(maybe slightly more due to premiums), but takes up so much less space. I would personally invest in 1 oz of gold each year if you're not the "hands on" type of person. If you're the hands on type, silver is your best bet
HH
Buff
I have been going through coins.for a long time it used to ne just for the history of coins, then it was for some extra cash to blow
Now I'm in the next chapter of my life I'm expecting my first child every bit of silver I find from now till my kid turns 18 will ne saved I find about an ounce a week hunting plus I.plan on actually buying.one once.every two weeks for my kid as long as silver doesn't sky rocket more than $50 an ounce. If it goes up it might be a half ounce.every two weeks.
When.my.kid turns 18 or graduates highschool which ever comes.first ill have
Found 1oz/week X 52 weeks X 18yr= 516 oz
And baught 268 ounces
Total of 784 oz of silver I would say that will be one Hell of a present
I guess silver will taper off and i wont find am once every week for 18yrs but that is my goal
Just think if silver stays at todays market price $32ish X 784 = $25,088
And thats with no.dives because if silver dives i will purchase more every two weeks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread