Why do you treasure hunt?

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
When I see this...
silveredge.JPG

My heart leaps from my chest because I know I just found a silver coin. Also, think about it...If you find a coin with the date of 1775 on it...that is one year before we declared Our independence! Or an 1821 10c piece!
silveredge.JPG
(didn't find this)
Wonder if some person was celebrating Missouri becoming part of the union in STL when they dropped it at the town square...
You get the idea...AND I love to find old civil war relics....great way to preserve history!

~Tom

Attachments

• 1821_obverse[1].jpg
    1821_obverse[1].jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 369

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For the shear excitement of finding the unknown

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting different treasures for over 40 years, hunted WWII items while stationed on Okinawa, used to hunt collect and sell antique newspapers (Harper's Weekly Leslie's Weekly from mid 1700's to late 1800s) hunted indian artifacts for over 20 years, when I moved back to Fl I found out you can't hunt then here on public land, I use to walk the creeks and streams, missed the thrill of the hunt and took up detecting...............

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I treasure hunt to hit the big one or a lot of little ones.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was about 13 and I was riding my bike home and passed a school. I seen a man with a machine and asked what he was doing,he said he was looking for coins. I have been hooked ever since. I get a thrill out of pulling a 100 year old coin or trinket out of the ground! Its an adventure,every time you go out! Ive been detecting for 39 years and love it!!!!

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
For me its the thrill of the hunt, and being outside.
HH
Steve

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most people only see pictures of free milling gold. The truthe is that raw ores are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen weather it be pyritc ore or cubed galena or honey comb spharelite it is beautiful stuff. When you get a piece tha looks just like what a miner in the early days saw it sends a thrill thry you that is beyound description. And of course there is that egotistical thing of being able to find something that nobody else could.

Wild Boulder

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I started when I was a kid when my grandfather took the family out on a md'ing expedition to an abandoned farmstead. I swayed off the path for number of years when life got busy, but now that I've slowed down a bit I can get out and enjoy the search. I find it to be a great stress reliever and the more time I spend outdoors away from the hectic speed of life, the better I feel. My grandfather always said there is an unmeasurable amount of stuff hidden in the ground, and it's just waiting for the right person to dig it up. Yes, lots of it seems to be junk, but when you get that glint of silver or gold from a fresh scoop of soil, it makes it all worthwhile. I also hunt because I've always been a history nut, and any item you dig has a story to it.

HH
DB

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I spent most of my 49 years being busy with other things and just now started to find hobbies that I like. I have 2 now the first is fly fishing which I started last season and now MD'ing figured it would get me out, some excersise, relaxing, the oppurtunity to see what others have lost and just have fun being outside in the open air. Finding money is also a good incentive.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I got started coin collecting when I was about 10. Coin shooting was the next logical step in gathering coins for my collection. Once I started finding the coins for my collections, then I was more inspired to upgrade and find even more valuable coins for my collections. It is just a hobby to me, but I enjoy going to older cites, where I possibly may find a coin to fill in the blanks of my coin books. It has been a passion of mine since my dad started me way back when, to coin collecting. Now the exercise is valuable to my health, and the fresh air and sunshine ins't bad either. lately I am becoming more diversified as I find myself hiting ballparks and playgrounds near my home, as they are close and convienent to get to. Hardly ever find silver in these new places, but I have fun regardless and seeing the children playing makes me feel young again. When I retire I might take longer trips to more exotic or historical places to search. Until then, I am having fun and enjoying the exercise and sunshine.
Rockhound

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ONE TREASURE HUNTS TO FIND TREASURE -- SELF ANSWERING QUESTION IF THERE EVER WAS ONE. ;D

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well spending 10 to 12 hours out in a field with my son and finding a few lc that are toast
sure shows that i am into it for the money
think about how many fathers would love to spend a whole day with one of their kids and know that the kid is thinking the samething thats not something i could ever place a price tag on
i am very rich with the great times eric and i have spent this past summer and all the time we have spent so far this winter planing next springs hunts

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I just love being able to find something that hasn't seen daylight, in who knows how long

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
godisnum1 said:
I do it for the ladies... 8)

Yeah, no, j/k! For me, it's for the historical aspect of the finds... along side the relaxation it provides, and the time it gives me to just "think". Yep, so there's my answer.

Bran <><
HA! Classic Brandon For the chicks.

S

stefen

4-H said:
godisnum1 said:
I do it for the ladies... 8)

Yeah, no, j/k! For me, it's for the historical aspect of the finds... along side the relaxation it provides, and the time it gives me to just "think". Yep, so there's my answer.

Bran <><
HA! Classic Brandon For the chicks.

Bran is being straight with ya :laughing7:

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love finding things that folks have walked over for many yrs, old coins and relics

Acer28

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I do it because it's something i feel good about doing it's fun trying to explore new places to metal detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions