Why does my pro pointer go off by itself sometimes while near no metal?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little problem seemed like it was usually fixed temporarily by turning the pro pointer off then back on again ....but on my last outing it had gotten to the point where I was turning it off and on so many times I wound up just leaving it in the holster.
Do I need to send this back?

omahaorange

Greenie
Mar 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the Garrett? Seems to be a few problems reported out them lately. I did notice my Vulcan 360 occasionally doing this. What I found with that one was it has an auto-shutoff, and will start to randomly beep just before it turned itself off. I also noticed it acting erratically when directly under power lines. Call the manufacturer or vendor. See what they have to say.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine likes a fresh battery. Leaving it in when not in use seems to tire it out. After adding a cupboard door bumper felt pad inside cap to replace factory one that liked to fall off and move around as did battery its been behaving. Others have used coins for spacers to keep reasonable pressure on the battery. Other than needing to clean mud and dirt off the end on occasion, especially in grooves of scraper area and tip itself when it falses, thats all I have found. It will act up when battery in its opinion is low.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is the Garrett and that's a very good idea about the spacer for the battery I will be giving that a try thanks guys

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cupboard bumper in place

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my old one did that when it was in the sun and shortly after it would not stay on. The replacement works much better Garrett replaced the old one real fast!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my old one did that when it was in the sun and shortly after it would not stay on. The replacement works much better Garrett replaced the old one real fast!

Thanks I'm about to do that nothing has worked with this one.. It's pretty much worthless it just starts singing all over the place

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GatorBoy, mine did this one time and got worse as the day went on. I dropped a fresh Energizer in and it went away!

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I was so hoping that would solve the problem I did that actually seemed better for about an hour then went right back going nuts it just goes nuts and I can't even stop it... Or it starts beeping anytime it touches any dirt at all

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Garrett forum, hope you find the problem. ..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread