Why dont people just stay home when they are sick ? Second time sick this year...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol... milk !
I bet your a "continental" breakfast guy.
No whole wheat or porridge, along with a cod liver oil tablet 99% of the time this is my breakfast, but I do like the odd fry up.

SS

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Porridge ?
What the hell is that ?
What are ya goldilocks ? heh j/k:)

Porridge (also spelled porage, porrige, parritch, etc.)[1] is a dish made by boiling ground, crushed, or chopped cereal in water, milk, or both, with optional flavourings, usually served hot in a bowl or dish. It may be sweetened with sugar or honey and served as a sweet dish, or mixed with spices and vegetables to make a savoury dish. The term is usually used for oat porridge (porridge oats); there are similar dishes made with other grains or legumes, but they often have other unique names, such as polenta, grits or kasha.

In many modern cultures, porridge is widely eaten as a breakfast dish, often with the addition of salt, butter, sugar, milk or cream, depending on regional preferences. In the English-speaking Caribbean islands it is common to add cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and almond essence to the oats, water and milk. Some manufacturers of breakfast cereal, such as Scott's Porage Oats and, in Republic of Ireland, Flahavan's Progress Oatlets, sell 'ready-made' forms and/or products based on pre-cooked oatmeal. Porridge is one of the easiest ways to digest grains or legumes and is used traditionally in many cultures to nurse the sick back to health. It is commonly eaten by athletes in training

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm... Nurse the sick back to health ?
HEy man Over night Fed Ex me a bowl of that !

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Porridge ?
What the hell is that ?
What are ya goldilocks ? heh j/k:)

Porridge (also spelled porage, porrige, parritch, etc.)[1] is a dish made by boiling ground, crushed, or chopped cereal in water, milk, or both, with optional flavourings, usually served hot in a bowl or dish. It may be sweetened with sugar or honey and served as a sweet dish, or mixed with spices and vegetables to make a savoury dish. The term is usually used for oat porridge (porridge oats); there are similar dishes made with other grains or legumes, but they often have other unique names, such as polenta, grits or kasha.

In many modern cultures, porridge is widely eaten as a breakfast dish, often with the addition of salt, butter, sugar, milk or cream, depending on regional preferences. In the English-speaking Caribbean islands it is common to add cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and almond essence to the oats, water and milk. Some manufacturers of breakfast cereal, such as Scott's Porage Oats and, in Republic of Ireland, Flahavan's Progress Oatlets, sell 'ready-made' forms and/or products based on pre-cooked oatmeal. Porridge is one of the easiest ways to digest grains or legumes and is used traditionally in many cultures to nurse the sick back to health. It is commonly eaten by athletes in training
Yes it's very good for you, it can be a bit bland but you get around that by adding fruit and maple syrup..yum.:laughing7:

SS

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always an amazing thing to watch sickness start, spread, die off and return again. Miserable to be sure but amazing :)
As I say at work when someone brings the crud~ Caring is Sharing and what does not kill you makes you stronger. Albeit I could do without thank you very much.

Its probably more interesting watching and talking of the home remedies or other super drugs people drag back to try and help the others afflicted. hehh

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I am amazed alright... heh
Waiting for the "die off part".
And preferably not me.
Sheesh last night. ewww nose running like a faucet.
USed up whole roll of tp

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I am amazed alright... heh
Waiting for the "die off part".
And preferably not me.
Sheesh last night. ewww nose running like a faucet.
USed up whole roll of tp
Good boost of vitamin C see needed here I think, two oranges two lemon and limes blitsed in a blender with the skins on, two paracetamol and a early night.:thumbsup:

SS

Lobo UK

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2015
Cheshire
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
AKA Sorex Pro
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Minelab Explorer 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good dose of British weather will harden you up. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girl just made me chicken noodle soup (Campbell's) 2 cans... and some toast... and juice.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My girl just made me chicken noodle soup (Campbell's) 2 cans... and some toast... and juice.

Chicken soup is the best thing you can eat when you're sick.

Chase it with a shot of booze and you'll be feeling a lot better.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARRRRRGGGGG... woke up from nap a bit ago... ug.
Would someone please come dig a hole and throw me in it...
Sheesh...
Full on crap...
nightmares are made of less than this...
If I feel any sicker... I am going to Walk in clinic.
Sheesh have not been this sick like this in 20 years.
T-net is only thing that makes me feel better :) ...
Now what is this about BOOZE and swingers ?

Heh :)

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 57 Friday and have never had the flu, chicken pox, measles or mumps and maybe a cold every 15 years or so. I am outside ALOT, wash hands often and avoid hospitals and clinics. I take 2000mg of ashwaganha and 2 aspirin daily and eat many friuts and veggies, I rarely eat red meat but eat lots of fish and chicken. My doctor says if my blood pressure does not go up soon hes going to investigate my background to see if I am lying about my age. 106/60. the only alcohol I drink is a glass of red wine 3 times a week.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold and flu germs can live up to 48 hours on door handles and other surfaces..... You could also have got infected by opening a door.... Open door then touch your nose mouth or eyes your infected.... I carry a small bottle of hand cleaner in car and truck ..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARRC..no joke go to vitamin shop look for black elderberry extract made by sambucol. That stuff kills off colds, flu bug, the yucky I don't want to move sicknesses. 50 agents in office all got flu, one lady basically forced 48 to take black elderberry and within 24 hours all 48 were well the two who refused were sick two weeks. We've used it for years now no need for antibiotics anymore. Also invest in a small pocket size bottle of germ-x.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread