Why hire this idiot? (bar owner wants a younger crowd).

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Why hire this idiot? (bar owner wants a 'younger' crowd).

So this video is not for the faint of heart. It has to do with a handgun and getting shot.

The bar I frequent has karaoke on Tues, Friday and Saturday. Recently, the owner of the bar decided that he needs "Younger" people in the bar, so he goes an gives Tuesday night to a new guy, much younger, to do the karaoke.....

This is him... (the guy getting shot).

There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start. !!!

I spoke with him breifly, and he told me the bullet went in but came right out because of the vest. The doctor said it came about an inch away from his heart.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Why hire this idiot? (bar owner wants a 'younger' crowd).

Ummm yeahh..... perfectly normal, perfectly sane.... :-X :dontknow:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

Keep showing this crap and we will surely have gun controle real quick.

Acting stupid is bad. Filming it is almost as bad.

Showing stupid will get gun controle laws past.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Seamuss said:
Keep showing this crap and we will surely have gun controle real quick.

Acting stupid is bad. Filming it is almost as bad.

Showing stupid will get gun controle laws past.

One thing I failed to mention was the reasoning behind this. He was just out of the police academy. He was trained on the stun gun, but his argument was "But they never train you on what it's like to get hit by a bullet in a vest". He wanted that training. He is now a tow truck driver (and a karaoke dj). It was kind of understood that the police immediately withdrew there recommendation for his candidacy.

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I've seen this video before (recently). So you have the misfortune of having this kid not only in your town, but, your favorite watering hole as well. I have hit back arrow so many times, I am speechless. I am sorry man. Can you find a new bar, ummmm- errrr. ???

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FAKE the gun never cycled
move along nothing to see here

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

EDDE said:

Yep, I thought about that response. I also thougt, 'surely they would see the blood trickling down his chest growing as camera time goes on'.

But, when all else fails, just have faith that this ol' cowboy actually saw this guy in person, and he lifted his shirt to show his wound.

Yep. there really are people in this world that will do something as stupid as this.

Can you imagine? "hey, shoot me and see if it works". the guy that shot him should have been charged with attempted manslaughter. or something... geez.~~~~! i would never do that to a friend.

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

EDDE said:
FAKE the gun never cycled
move along nothing to see here

Ehhh, dunno. Noob here. Will agree to disagree at this point. Its my understanding that no ones finds will be called "fake", think a story is trying to be told here and that is about it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pre video shot he gets blasted with a paintball gun(point blank)
puts on the vest
shot FAKE video

B

BIG61AL

no flash, no smoke, no sudden jerk on impact I conclude this is fake. I have seen handguns in use up close, the impact should have spun him around a little or even knocked him down at this close of a distance....FAKE video.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota

Maybe not fake, but the guy kneeling with the gun sure as hell didn't shoot him.

John

T

trish76642

hmm, they didnt shoot him cuz he couldnt sing did they?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

K, you people forced me to watch that video, conclusions ---

A) Textree posted '....now granted I am a woman....' You forgot, 'All LOVELY Woman' luv, hehehe

B) As for the semi, the muzzle actually rises about 6 " upon being shot..

C) regarding impact energy, a thrown hard, baseball equals a .45 AcP in actual energy. Contrary to most movies, no pistol projectile has enough energy to violently move a human effectively.

To check this out simply hang a #100 sack of sand with free movement, then and shoot into it. Forget the jugs of water and watermelons.

When I was in the BP, we had a group of wets rounded up in the field, and were processing them. Two new patrol oficers were a bit bored and commenced to play around, One made a simulated Judo chop at the other, who in turn made a quick draw, but forgot that he had built in reflexes now, and promptly shot as soon as his pistol was clear of the holster.

There was dead silence, then we started to look around to see if any damage had been done, outside of the nerves of the scared, huge eyed wets. we couldn't find out where the bullet ahd gone, when one of the playful officers suddenly turned white and collapsed. He had been shot squarely in the spleen with the .38 special at 1100 fps, at close range and didn't even know that he had been hit. The explosion had covered the actual impact.

This cost me, and another officer, a 1/2 liter of my lovely, angelic blood while the wounded officer had a spleenectomy. He lived of course, but both of them were retired from the service..

People vastly over estimate the power of a handgun projectile, most of the time the victim actually leans into the point of impact.

Today is "D" day. They have pictures of some of the troops landing and two were shot at the water line .with a much more powerful weapon , yet, if you watch, they simply collapse in the forward direction.

Don Jose de La Manch

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota

I would agree with that. People usually fall the direction from which they are shot. They don't go flying back ten feet, or do a 360. Most times they don't know they are shot at all, unless they are hit with something big.

John

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI Tex luv & Blur: upon closely observing and putting into slow motion, the pistol does cycle. & recoil. As for the blood?, there is none showing below the vest at his waist line before the espisode, after yes, and with fluid movement down in the same area. \

At the very least he received a nice bruise, noticible. hehehe

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Tex luv, my initials may be "JC", but I still am not equal to him. Just ask my Tiger (wife) sigh.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota

Real de Tayopa said:
HI Tex luv & Blur: upon closely observing and putting into slow motion, the pistol does cycle. & recoil. As for the blood?, there is none showing below the vest at his waist line before the espisode, after yes, and with fluid movement down in the same area. \

At the very least he received a nice bruise, noticible. hehehe

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Tex luv, my initials may be "JC", but I still am not equal to him. Just ask my Tiger (wife) sigh.

I see it now also. Poor video quality.

John

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals

Haha ya some people are idiots, what if the guy missed the vest? I knew one guy who was killed while wearing a vest, the bullets went through in a few instances and hit other area's of the body in others. Besides most of those vest are crap and will only stop handgun rounds, i'd much rather have a vest with SAPI plates.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

SAPI plates are HEAVY. And you still have that problem of the fact that the vest only covers so much, even with neck guards and the groin protector......And SAPI plates wont completely stop anything over a 7.62.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This subject is lame
In breaking news:Water is wet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread