billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are absolutely right about the game of musical gold chairs! I found this interesting video that illustrate exactly what you’re talking about.

https://www.goldbroker.com/en_GB/news/gold-the-titanic-and-lifeboats-a-simple-explanation-81

My real challenge was storage. I personally would not want large amounts of gold in my home because it could make my family a target. Burying gold is problematic, if you do not tell anyone, the gold is lost when you die. Sharing the location could also lead to trust issues over time. I personally chose a unique alternative solution where they store the gold outside the banking system. The storage company issues the certificate of title and the gold broker facilitates the relationship with the vault. I can visit, withdraw or ship my gold from the vault without the gold broker being present because I own the gold directly.

I was wondering about your withdrawals. Do you get your "exact same" gold coin, bar, etc. or equivalent value in other gold? What if the entity that's storing your PMs declare bankruptcy? Is the storage place equal to being "your own safe" or could the contents be counted as value of the bankrupt storage company?

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't always have to be 'either/or'. I believe the key is to diversify. You might be limiting yourself, gold is much easier to carry than silver if you have to bug out. They make fractional gold, you don't have to carry just ounces.
I wouldn't buy gold or silver for an investment or for barter if shtf. I look at it as insurance, to carry wealth into the next monetary system.

FistFull, Jim, & Lost It,

I believe you are on target for I believe the key is to diversify ... Something is going on with the way oil and PMs are staying low... Public commentators and the Average Joe can't outright say there are crooked government people without getting letters and legal action started on them, but get around it by calling them "blind, crazy, stupid, don't-have-a-clue, etc". Those in power are there because they are smart or devious, and well know what's ahead. For now, the job is to keep everything running, even if it is below the Status Quo.

In the past, when the Mint ran out of metal, it stopped production. It seems I read where the Mint ran out of silver this year and brought in the metal from Italy. The presses kept going.... I feel like more and more people are wanting PMs, so Uncle Sam is letting the population buy and hold them, not Uncle Sam, himself. Keeping it low cost for the increasing numbers of Average Joes' allows it to be store within the U.S. boundaries where "it's easy to get to" when they want it. And they will want it to stabilize the banks that are full of inflation eroded paper dollars and invisible digital money, to smooth the local and state economy.

The average family has to be diverse to cover all the needs of the young, the old, and worker's that keep paying the rent, mortgage, car payment, doctor visits, utility bills, and the basics of food and clothing. Immediate change in dealing with all these obstacles change to the degree of what kind of economic future actually impacts YOUR life. What does it take to keep things in YOUR LIFE stable and maybe going forward? There's no "Silver Bullet" to fix everything, especially everything all at once. I live within 50 miles of a nuclear power plant. I can't focus on one single event. To fully imagination what I would have to do and the sudden choices I'd have to make "IF" something happened to it, would overwhelm my pocketbook and general sense of what else could be the real problem.

If its an economic crash, schools, hospitals, prisons, government offices still have to function at some basic level or degree of emergency. So, some routines and the momentum of daily life will help keep the world outside your front door going forward for awhile. And like Germany's newest announcement that all citizens should have enough (of diverse) supplies to last 10 days.....that's about the length of time to get personnel in place to control the next "100 and 1,000 days".

In the end, it will be all about available Resources. Who has what, how much or how many are ready for immediate use, and if you can find them, what it may cost..... Having PMs will be the quickest difference between doing without or quickly getting replacements for a hot water heater, fridge, deep water well pump, car parts/work equipment parts/gun parts, etc. based on where you are or where you'll go. So, in the next three or four months, be diverse in collecting what you know you need by this time next year... Either way, for good or for bad, you'll be more stable and prepared for the coming change.

Bill

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions