Why I Search For Pennies (Hint-Coin Metamorphoses)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I am a coin shooter first and everything else shooter second. I have lots of jewelry and great relics like every one else, but I just got to pick up those coins lying around. And of course the majority are pennies. Some guys can't stand them. They try to disc them out, but you can't....plain and simple! Too much variety for one thing...ie zincs, wheats, indians, large, Canadians, Canadian steel cents. If you try to disc out all these....you are losing too many great finds! But, go ahead, disc them out. I tip my hat to you.

Alchemists tried for many hundreds of years to change cheap metal ores into valuable metals such as gold and silver. Welcome to the millennium. Now it can be done ;D. I go out of my way search out those pennies. Show me a junior high school and I'll show you how to pop those endless pennies out, sometimes 100 per hour. Of course I also get rings (gold & silver), silver coins and other surprises. But I'm talking about pennies......

As of last year, I had accumulated a total of 69,689 ($696.89) worth of those most hated coins. And, each year I wash those suckers, roll them and cash them in at the bank. Then comes the coin-metamorphasis......I purchase a gold coin. That's right....enough pennies to buy a gold coin each year. And I have 14 gold coins to date. As I said....I "CAN" change copper to gold.

coinmetamorphasis3-1.jpg

Below is last years purchase. I suspect this years purchase just might require a little addition of other clad for a purchase, as the price of gold keeps going up and up and up............

GGGGGOLD2.jpg

And below previous years gold coin:

GOLD20COIN3.jpg

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Great post John, but I'll bet you'll be suprised at how few responses you'll get. I think the main reason is that you've hit upon a thing called smart mans way to invest. I have for years looked and found many ways to make that extra buck just so I could accumulate enough to invest in something bigger an better. I demonstrated this principle to my four children and my Daughter who is off at college right now has already approached a six figure savings acct using this same technique I taught her some eight short years ago. When she graduates next spring with a degree in journalism she won't owe anybody for anything, and neither will I. ;) ;D :D

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post indeed. One of the smartest things i've read in awhile.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
get me your poor tired zinc pennies yearning to breath free (and I turn them into silver and even better gold --- I'm 67 cents toward paying off my 227. 33 investment in my new ace 250 --go man go -- with those cruddy pennies a M6 detector could be gotten "free" of charge --and who wouldn't like that?

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
great post. Before I started detecting I would walk past penny's found in the parking lot, front yard and just about anywhere you go because people refused to pick them up. Now i pick up every penny I see, I feel that as many as i have found detecting, I would be crazy not to. Plus they do add up. I have collected around 20 dollars worth in the latest year. I cashed them in with my other coins at the coin machine in the grocery. Money was spent on battery's for the machine. LOL. Happy hunting. Ted

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
I DO THE SAME THING HERE IN GA. IF YOU HUNT YOU WILL FIND THEM, HERE LATELY I HAVE BEEN FINDING A LOT OF WHEAT PENNIES.

GOING OVER SCHOOL GROUNDS AND FAIR GROUNDS AND PARKS THAT HAVE BEEN HUNTED HEAVY FOR A LOT OF YEARS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread