Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Yea - you are right. It does kind of make you pause when you first see the warning. IMHO - just another way to get more money - scare the crap out of people so Forum owner's have to spend more money for a service that simply isn't needed (for most forums)! :laughing7:

That's for sure. And Google is to begin dropping the SEO rank of non HTTPS sites dramatically this year. It's a PITA for sites that don't require personal Information.

rcb187

May 3, 2018
Cornville, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i could be wrong but i think it just means that when you are using the site and someone is on the same network they can potentially see what your typing ie your password and login information. but thats why you use a different password for each site right?. it says not secure because its using HTTP instead of the new HTTPS which encrypts each packet sent. Please half a community college computer science degree dont fail me now ... lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i could be wrong but i think it just means that when you are using the site and someone is on the same network they can potentially see what your typing ie your password and login information. but thats why you use a different password for each site right?. it says not secure because its using HTTP instead of the new HTTPS which encrypts each packet sent. Please half a community college computer science degree dont fail me now ... lol

password changed. Thanks everyone for the input. I had no idea what it meant and I had remembered my experiences from the IRS site. And Im glad to hear the owners of TN are from the good old USA!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread