Why

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Why would any buddy what a detector that you can't run over halve throttle,like the ace 2 fiddy.if you do and it starts falcing... you no your missing deep targets,and if the dept indicator is off real bad on a coin size target and the id is off... WY would a company even put it on the market, unless they consider it to be a kids toy.. and they must think a kid wouldn't know the diffrents..I here so many people talk a bout there ace 2 fiddy falcing after half throttle... even my uncle does that... and what is the deal with Garret with the at pro... were you need two detector one for the U.S.A and one for the U.K.if that is problem with that detector I would think all the garrets will not work over their either... on less you plan on digging every thing ...Have fun with that one... liftloop

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not around you Can't crank if up You will be digging Nothen...I don't run my MXT wide open...but it's up there and I can find deep coins..... or what I think is deep.....and that thing about raysing your loop of the ground and you will go deeper is farce too.....next time you get a nice beep rays your loop up and watch the target disappear not get stronger......

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The Ace 250 may still be the best detector under $250, at least in some soils.

Sensitivity 4 out of 8 works best scrubbing the ground, but if you sweep with coil an inch or so above ground, you can probably turn it up higher without falsing. I have found coins down to 4" that IDed accurately with Ace 250 and most other detectors can't do much if any better because of mineralization. Also, there are larger than stock Ace 250 coils that add depth & ID better at depth.

The MXT probably goes deeper in lightly mineralized areas as I found 6" dime & 7" quarter that IDed properly, but 99% of my soil wouldn't allow that.

The AT Pro is a better detector than Ace 250, they just have USA and Int'l editions because we use inches, they use centimeters & US coin ID markers wouldn't be very useful to those in other countries. Other than that, I think the AT Pros are all the same. Best wishes, George (MN)

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
I think this is the second time you've posted your opinion on the Ace250, but I don't see it mentioned in your list of detectors used.

Have you ever tried it?

MP

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I have no problem turning mine all the way up. I generally set it at 4 or 5 bars in trashy areas but hunting in fields or woods I crank it up and slow down. It will pick up very small targets very deep. If you learn how to use it you will love it.

HH Charlie

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh you do not "floorboard" your car everytime you get in it just because it has a gas petal do you ?

think of a stero -- do you get the best preformance at "full blast"-- or at say 1/2 to 3/4ths volume ?--sure at "full blast" you might get more "noise" but is it crisp and enjoyible "sound" or just loud rumbly noise ?

yes there is a top end limit on a ace 250 for useful sensitivity (about 1/2)-- mostly due to the mineral levels in the soil -- if the soil is "sweet" with few or little minerals --you can go higher on the sensitivity level -- thats why there "room" at the top so to speak -- but most soils have some minerals --that is what limits all detectors -- simple put ****you can only push as much signal as the minerals in the ground will allow ! peroid no matter what brand of detector you tote (laws of physics )-- its called --being "ground balaced " -- if your trying to push too much signal for the ground conditions you will get "feed back" aka "falsing" beep beep beep -- thats what happens when you try to "push too much signal into ground that JUST WILL NOT accept it due to high mineral levels"

many people in a vain attempt to get "deeper" tend to run their machines too hot for the ground condition 's --thus their not "properly" balanced"-- thus actually --harming their chances for finding stuff rater than helping --its quite common .

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're describing the problem that pretty much ALL detectors with preset ground balance have when detecting in mineralized soil and or on wet salt beaches. The same detectors when hunting on milder ground can generally be turned up to full sensitivity or close to it. To handle most types of mineralization well, a detector needs to have either true auto ground tracking or manual ground balance adjustment. The preset machines are set for an average that works pretty well in many places, but unfortunately, not all. If the problem is on going, they can be adjusted internally to a better balance for the area being hunted. However, unless one is sure of what they are doing, it's probably best to send it to the factory with a sample of the soil giving the problem and let them handle it.
luvsdux

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never tried an Ace 250, but, I suspect it would be easier to read than your post. Even if English and grammar are not your forte', you should be able to gleen some excellent and pertinent information from Ivan's post.....I think he did an excellent job of explaining limitations and the occasional need for excesses most everywhere.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I understood more about the issue of which you speak.
I have never turned my sensitivity down.
I do understand the 'Stereo' analogy, but have never experienced an 'overload'
like is being described.
Maybe its a Brand/model issue :icon_scratch:

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
ivan salis said:
uh you do not "floorboard" your car everytime you get in it just because it has a gas petal do you ?

think of a stero -- do you get the best preformance at "full blast"-- or at say 1/2 to 3/4ths volume ?--sure at "full blast" you might get more "noise" but is it crisp and enjoyible "sound" or just loud rumbly noise ?

yes there is a top end limit on a ace 250 for useful sensitivity (about 1/2)-- mostly due to the mineral levels in the soil -- if the soil is "sweet" with few or little minerals --you can go higher on the sensitivity level -- thats why there "room" at the top so to speak -- but most soils have some minerals --that is what limits all detectors -- simple put ****you can only push as much signal as the minerals in the ground will allow ! peroid no matter what brand of detector you tote (laws of physics )-- its called --being "ground balaced " -- if your trying to push too much signal for the ground conditions you will get "feed back" aka "falsing" beep beep beep -- thats what happens when you try to "push too much signal into ground that JUST WILL NOT accept it due to high mineral levels"

many people in a vain attempt to get "deeper" tend to run their machines too hot for the ground condition 's --thus their not "properly" balanced"-- thus actually --harming their chances for finding stuff rater than helping --its quite common

there is no top limit or sensitivity level when i get in my car i say put the pedal to the metal and GO!!!!! lmao HH :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread