Why?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Protect their faces so they can be ID'ed better. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: Darn, now I'm going to be thinking about it all day! :laughing9: Red

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Speaking of Japanese pilots, many, many snows ago, I read a lot of comic books during the 2nd World War. Of course then, most comic books showed war episodes during this time. I remember one in particular where U S fighter pilots were in a dog fight with Japanese pilots. A U S fighter pilot said,(--------------------------------).....and he shot the Zero down. IF someone could get that issue of that comic book, it would be worth a lot of money. Nothing like that would be allowed today.

[mod] Ummm, sorry but that kind of talk isn't allowed here :tard: [/mod]

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose-0 are you sure you're not talking about comics from the 60's :icon_scratch: If you are, then I think the publisher would have been "Charleston", they mostly did war comics and a few romance. Unfortunately, I don't think they are worth much due to the writers and artists, it was considered a lower end comic.. DC also published a few titles in the 60's and they are worth a little more. Marvel had only 1 title Sgt Fury, that was in competition with Sgt Rock of DC :thumbsup: Marvel was superior in both art and writing :tongue3:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I think their radio speakers were built into their silly little headgear things, and they wanted to hear each other yell Tora! Tora! Tora! as they got blasted out of the sky. :laughing9:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just watching WW2 in color,and they show Russian tanks in the woods,outside of Berlin and the Russian soldiers were covering the tanks with pieces of trees for camouflage.I was thinking why are they doing that when,by now in the war,most German planes were either shot down or not working. :dontknow:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the same program... They went on to explain that the Russians were actually building garages for their tanks :tongue3: I would think any pilots that may have been around flew as far from Germany and Russia as possible :laughing7: They would have better luck crashing in the English Channel near the UK

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed it was, unfortunately his timing was a few years too early :tongue3:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
What I want to know is when did early "Americans" lose their "British" accents?

Hiya Spart!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Kept their ears warm. The helmet also had built in ear plugs so the pilot didn't hear the Big Bang at the end. :angel7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
What I want to know is when did early "Americans" lose their "British" accents?

Hiya Spart!

That's too easy :laughing7: You know most of the battles were fought in NY and NJ. Did you ever talk to a person from Brooklyn, or NJ before :dontknow: :laughing7: I don't care what country you come from, enter those states and kiss your accent goodbye :tongue3:

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart
seeing how its late and all I was just wondering Why are the buttons at the drive up ATMs coded in Brail :dontknow:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snakeyes said:
Spart
seeing how its late and all I was just wondering Why are the buttons at the drive up ATMs coded in Brail :dontknow:

You know I'm starting to feel like that old "Shell Answer Man" here :tongue3:

The law does vary from state to state, so you really need to check the law in your state. :thumbsup:

As for both NY/NJ blind persons are allowed to drive between 10pm and 4am, when then is less traffic on the road and easier for them to use their canes and specially trained seeing eye dogs :thumbsup:

A dogs barking initiates stopping and go
1- 1 bark - go, ok to procede
2- 2 barks - stop
3- 3, or more barks - emergency stop

For turning
a dog will grab on to our arm and pull it for a right. For a left turn, they will push their head into you

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was the style back then

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A man walked into A bar with a seeing eye dog.. He grabbed the dog by the tail and swung him around, Grrrrrr wooof wooof grrrr.. Barmaid said man what are you doin.. He said "Just Lookin Around" :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread