Wife did well today!

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
My wife, in her part time job, noticed some penny rolls from the bank today. Each end had wheaties showing. This obviously piqued her interest. She bought $22 worth of rolled pennies and brought them home. Needless to say, tonight was hours of sorting.
In the end though, we had 6.00 worth of wheaties, 4 Indian heads, and several silver dimes that came home as well. The wheaties date from 1909-1958, with some beautiful 59s in there as well. The Indian heads, dated, 1906, 1907, 1891, and 1887!!! I made a post in the cleaning/preservation forum about the previous cleaning of some of the 20's pennies. Look like they were buffed or something, and were funny colored.
Then we sorted the rest of the "look at this" money. Ended up with almost 700 bucks worth of face value halves, susie B's, etc! Hard to believe that we had all that sitting there in change. Are we gonna cash it in? Not anytime soon. Hopefully a new detector will come out of it eventually! We might even make this a New Years annual event!
In the pics, we divided them up into their respective 10 year piles, starting with the teens on the left, and ending with the 50s on the right. Each stack is 10 pennies. The Indians are up front in the picture.

Attachments

• MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 968
  • MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 969
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Then we sorted the rest of the "look at this" money. Ended up with almost 700 bucks worth of face value halves, susie B's, etc! Hard to believe that we had all that sitting there in change.

Well, there goes next month's rent. LOL J/K ;D
Congrats on the finds, looks like your wife has a good eye. HH

W

wpricetr

that is a great rool find :o
by the way exactly what bank did you get the from? LOL ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, great way to kill cabin fever! HH, Mike

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all that without even lifting a detector. not bad at all. way to go and keep it up

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wowww thats alot of wheaties!! Congrats! Each roll is worth about 3-4 times face value..so that 22 dollars turned into 66-88 bucks :o plus the IHs ;D just curious, why keep 700 bucks in halfs?

OP
OP
M

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
Its not all halves. Its halves, sacs, 2 dollar bills, pair of 1950 $100 bills, rolled pennies, silver dimes, etc. I take anything over 500 in my paycheck and buy funny money with it at the bank. Usually gets me 100 or better in something every two weeks. I spend some as I go, but most gets put away.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice Score on the penny rolls. I see working at a bank has it's perks! My son just had me get some penny rolls. Searched 60 rolls and got 12 Wheats. Most of the wheats came from "similar" wrappers. You wonder the story behind the rolls you got ....

Bob

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
What a great haul. Hard to believe that much was in there. Congrats on all your finds. Going have to go through my change, hopefully I can come up with some good finds.

Ken

OP
OP
M

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
Hey Mirage, she doesnt work at the bank, so no inside help, lol. She works parttime in a cash office for a large dept. store. Counts it out, and counts it in. Awfully handy for finding goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread