Wife did well today!

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
My wife, in her part time job, noticed some penny rolls from the bank today. Each end had wheaties showing. This obviously piqued her interest. She bought $22 worth of rolled pennies and brought them home. Needless to say, tonight was hours of sorting.
In the end though, we had 6.00 worth of wheaties, 4 Indian heads, and several silver dimes that came home as well. The wheaties date from 1909-1958, with some beautiful 59s in there as well. The Indian heads, dated, 1906, 1907, 1891, and 1887!!! I made a post in the cleaning/preservation forum about the previous cleaning of some of the 20's pennies. Look like they were buffed or something, and were funny colored.
Then we sorted the rest of the "look at this" money. Ended up with almost 700 bucks worth of face value halves, susie B's, etc! Hard to believe that we had all that sitting there in change. Are we gonna cash it in? Not anytime soon. Hopefully a new detector will come out of it eventually! We might even make this a New Years annual event!
In the pics, we divided them up into their respective 10 year piles, starting with the teens on the left, and ending with the 50s on the right. Each stack is 10 pennies. The Indians are up front in the picture.

Attachments

• MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 968
  • MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 969
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
Heck, I am not gonna complain about the old posts. I kind of forgot about this post I made.
I still have all the pennies, but she no longer works there, so no more good deals like this. (shucks)
At least our sanity is here now, and we arent both working 2 jobs. I sure miss her bringing home the good change tho.

Now I have pop machine duty at my job, so I get to go through looking for silver once a month, but havent found much.

OP
OP
M

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
Yes, the wheaties in my little found stash dated from 1909-1958. You know, the whole gamut was in the rolls.
I was not stating the production dates for wheaties. :-\
Merc

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
mercuryman said:
Yes, the wheaties in my little found stash dated from 1909-1958. You know, the whole gamut was in the rolls.
I was not stating the production dates for wheaties. :-\
Merc

Yeah, I'm just messing with you. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions