Wife went to the zoo without me ! ;D

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Soooo i went detecting. I was waiting for the garage to finish changing my brakes. i dropped it off yesterday thinking it would be done in the early a.m. it turned out that it was not finished until about 1:00 pm, so i was lugging my gear all over town on my bike finding places to hunt while i waited for them to call!

I got permission to hunt the property my grandparents owned from the time they built the house in the 30's till the late 90's. didnt really find squat other than possibly a silver ring and this weird thing. anyone have any ideas what it is ?? looks like 2 bears holding holding something and the two eyelets on the top are missing.

scan059.jpg

Thanks for looking !!

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I always like finding the "Odd" stuff. It's a medal, of some sort. What is the writing in the center? Neat Old find. I noticed the green patina, takes a long time to look like that.

OP
OP
ivy_walls

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
finderzzs said:
I always like finding the "Odd" stuff. It's a medal, of some sort. What is the writing in the center? Neat Old find. I noticed the green patina, takes a long time to look like that.

I have squinted till I cant see straight to try and read it but I cant make out more that a few letters !

mark

OP
OP
ivy_walls

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
by the way, it is about the size of a quarter and very thin, if that helps at all !!

thanks

mark

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find, Mark! Ya' might try putting a piece of paper on it and scribble..might reveal the writing for you. ??? Let us know! :)

Nana

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
Missouri State Seal???

Attachments

• Missouri_Seal.jpg
    Missouri_Seal.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 409

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could it be part of an award ribbon or something like that??
I have seen some stuff id'ed before that looked like that...there would have been a ribbon fastened to it at the holes.
nice find!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread