Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday looks like the only day I'll get out this weekend. It is supposed to rain all day Sunday.
I tried to stir up a few more older coins by returning to the spot that gave up the 1793 1/2 penny last week.
It was four hours of digging clad, brass scrap, and trash, before a silver coin surfaced. I didn't exactly know
what it was but it had that distinct silver shine when it came out of the ground. I looked it up when I got home.
It is a 1944, 25 cent piece from the Netherlands. Queen Wilhelmina I graces the obverse and the date and
denomination is on the reverse. Really nice coin,, I like the reverse best and it looks mint. It is about
the size of a U.S. Nickel and has a silver content of 64%.
It's always nice to come home with silver.
The buttons came in like silver and I think they may be plated.
HH
IMG_3867.JPG IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3865.JPG IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG IMG_3872.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG IMG_3873.JPG

Upvote 11

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. That's the 1st one of those coins I've seen posted. I'll take a silver from any country. Have you called the number on the dog tag yet?

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, I love Dutch coins. Even though it's modern I think it's cool that it connects with the early days of what became Nyc.

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. That's the 1st one of those coins I've seen posted. I'll take a silver from any country. Have you called the number on the dog tag yet?
I get a lot of Dog Tags,, the other side of that tag has a renewable sticker from 2004. That would make that dog at least 12 or 13 years old.
Most people who had land lines back then have since discontinued their land line service and have gone with cell phone service only.
I have often thought about calling the numbers posted but I think most of them are veterinarian's office number, who would trace the serial
number back to the original dog owner.
Maybe I'll look into it.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful 25 cent piece with amazing detail. Now I've got to Google some info about the "rabies vector". Never heard of that.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one nice looking silver quarter!
Congrats nice finds!

Good thing you didn't encounter any animals with rabies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread